Club Pot Luck - Mid Oct in the Jemez (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PROPOSED:

DATE: Sunday Oct 15th
TIME: 9 AM at meeting point or 12 PM at pot luck location
MEETING POINT: Walatowa Visitor Center
POT LUCK LOCATION COORDINATES: 35.7263788294, -106.553506408
WAYPOINTS: See attached files for google earth
COM: 146.400 (aka HDC-2)

There is a really nice open field, somewhat deep in the Jemez, where Frank and I think would make a great place to have a club pot luck picnic. We are currently focused on Sunday Oct 15th.

There are two nice ways to get there - easy for stock trucks or those that want a less adventurous journey and a washed out trail for higher clearance trucks that would add 1 or 2 hours to the journey. They are both very nice runs and the field were we will set up is a "fire safety zone" with wide open views, grassy fields, some trails and little or no traffic.

ROSTER:

• Larry, Liz and 3 others - confirmed
    • Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream
  • Justin - confirmed
  • Frank - confirmed
  • Grant - confirmed
    • Rudy's
  • Marc - 4
  • Ali - 2?
  • Vince - chips/salsa
Maybe
  • Ron (GX) - not confirmed
  • John - not confirmed
Can't make it
  • Terrill & Lisa
  • Ron (slimbudda)
Larry

upload_2017-9-22_8-22-8.png

Attachments

• Walatowa Visitor Center.kmz
    730 bytes · Views: 100
  • Easy or Moderate Trial Choice.kmz
    733 bytes · Views: 113
  • Pot Luck Gathering - HDC and Guests.kmz
    741 bytes · Views: 95
Last edited:
That sounds really cool! I am interested.

That sounds pretty nice. Not too far away, west of the river so the Rio Rancho and westsiders can attend.
Hopefully the fall colors will still be in full bloom.

Either day is fine with me.

Either works for me.

I'm in for Sat on the KLR. Will we be making a fire and cooking? Stace may be along, if so I might be on the TW. Plus, everyone harass the s*** out of sl33p3 to come out, I'll let him tell you why...

I'm in for Sat on the KLR. Will we be making a fire and cooking? Stace may be along, if so I might be on the TW. Plus, everyone harass the s*** out of sl33p3 to come out, I'll let him tell you why...
I found out last night that our preferred date is the Sunday. I hope you can make that day work.

Fire - yes
cooking is encouraged but not required.

TOYS!

Stacey did not want to go. I may swing by with the fellas on the motorcycle but probably won't be by.

Sorry, on travel that weekend. Otherwise, it sounds like great fun. Enjoy the day!

I didn't know that retired people are 'on travel' the way working stiffs are. I assumed once you retired you were just out of town.

We are tentatively planning to attend this gathering. I just need to figure out the stocker route in more detail to see how it looks. I know I've been up in this area before in the cruiser and on the trail bikes but I want to be sure I know where I'm going and what I'm getting into.

I should be good. I'll check in w Larry N Frank about the longer route
I'll bring some Rudy's or Little anitas... you don't want to depend on my cooking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom