Good Afternoon...I have a 2008 Yellow FJ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was a member but lost all my information so re-registered today. I love my FJ but at 60 mph have incredible steering wheel shake.

No trouble other than that.

I'm a former state cop; current owner of pipe/cigar shop in Asheville, NC. Have a wife of 42 years and a now 9 tear old yellow Lab named Crew.

I was a member but lost all my information so re-registered today. I love my FJ but at 60 mph have incredible steering wheel shake.

No trouble other than that.

I'm a former state cop; current owner of pipe/cigar shop in Asheville, NC. Have a wife of 42 years and a now 9 tear old yellow Lab named Crew.

Welcome (back) to Mud.

Check and see if there's any mud stuck on the back side of your wheels; if not, have them re-balanced - you may have thrown some wheel weights off.

Welcome (back) to Mud.

Check and see if there's any mud stuck on the back side of your wheels; if not, have them re-balanced - you may have thrown some wheel weights off.
I went further...bought new tires, after re balancing the old ones, new tie rod ends, etc...still wash board shake at about 55-60 the smooths out above 66...no trouble before 60...oh yeah..fron end alignment too.

I remember a couple threads on the fjcruiser forum a couple years back where this was a problem that several people had. Like what 1911 said I think most people found it to be the tires balanced but you already addressed that problem. I think I remember one or two cases being an out of round wheel.

Can the mechanics at the tire shop help you at all figure out the source of the vibration. I know one time I could have sworn it was the pass front tire on a vehicle I had that was vibrating but the mechanic fixed the rear drivers side.
If youve spent money with them and the vibration is still there I would pressure them to help solve the problem since its there job. Doesnt have to be done in a mean way, Ive gotten more help by being nice than demanding something.

This forum is great and I always hope the fjcruiser part will get more lively but a search on the other one might give you some examples of the exact problem and solution. This one may as well with searching but I know that one is so vehicle specific its worth mentioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom