Club Meeting - Breakfast at Daily Grind Sat September 16th 9 am (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its that time again. Let's have breakfast at The Daily Grind on the 16th at 9 am. I will be coming back from Australia on the 16th so won't make this one. Maybe Ali or Grant can chair this one.

4360 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110

Chime up if you would like to add to the agenda.

Potential Topics
  • VP Tees and Hoodies - Stickers - we need to pull the trigger on this one
  • Next club run
  • Change up of club meetings - maybe sonic where we can stand around our rigs or somewhere where we can tip one back
Larry

Hope to make it

Not sure I will make it but I want to throw the following discussion topic out there:
When I joined HDC about 12 years ago, we had potluck gatherings nearly every month and lots of participation. This led to lots of talking, planning and wheeling. This doesn't happen anymore. I can't even remember the last time we had a summer picnic. Kind of feels like the club is slowly withering. I'd like to throw out the suggestion that we try to have a quarterly gathering, more than just coffee or Sonic on a Saturday morning, at a member's house or a park where we can get together, bring the kids, drool over trucks and plan group runs.

I'll be there with Isabelle.

Noob LX470 owner here. I'm planning on coming Sat. Didn't make it last month- I was at a flea market fundraiser for my kid's high school band.

I should be there.

I should also, with t shirts and hoodies
fwiw, Im game for a quarterly thing at a park, etc.

Can't make it this time. I like Marc's idea of the quarterly gathering. No problem with having the breakfasts monthly (or Larry's idea for somewhere with an adult beverage), but maybe every third month a different format. Something to think about.

I'll be at the KTM rider rally in Crested Butte this weekend, won't make coffee in ABQ.

I'll be at the KTM rider rally in Crested Butte this weekend, won't make coffee in ABQ.

My neighbor is going there too.

Prior to starting the breakfast meetings we were barely getting together once a year. I like the idea of a potluck but someone needs to step up and volunteer.
I believe, Steve, Larry, Ali and myself were the last ones to offer up our residences for a get together.

Prior to starting the breakfast meetings we were barely getting together once a year. I like the idea of a potluck but someone needs to step up and volunteer.
I believe, Steve, Larry, Ali and myself were the last ones to offer up our residences for a get together.
I hosted things at my house years ago and organized a couple of the summer picnics. But I agree that members need to step up and offer to host. The monthly gatherings were often too much to ask of people but it seems like we should be able to get 4 members a year to be willing to host or organize something at a picnic site or park.

Love the idea of a quarterly thing. I find it is best to put stuff in the calendar as early as possible. Otherwise, time slips by.

Our course, I would be game for a quarterly "puerco" pot luck - maybe in the fall or spring when there is a chill in the air. Let me work on a few dates that might work and post up. Maybe this October.

Can anybody that went to the breakfast post up the summary? How many people, any topics discussed??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom