Lift height with caster bushings, plates, drop brackets, Slee arms etc... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm converting my rear axle to leaf springs and I've removed the Slee 6" coils, links and all that stuff in the kit. My question is a friend is interested in buying the kit, and then purchasing parts for his front end. He already has a 2.5" coil and CC plates, how high can you go with CC plates when lifting the front end, and still maintain a safe ride along with wheeling ability? Is it not recommended to run CC AND drop brackets? He wants to achieve 6" in the front but we're both unsure if what the best route is correct the control arm location. If you guys who've done this stuff could chime in we'd both appreciate it. I'm thinking he might be able to go 4.5" in the front and 6" in the rear so when it's loaded it's level. Just a thought really, we're both new to the CC setups and brackets n such. :beer::smokin::steer:
P-doh

I'm pretty sure CC plates are good for 4"-6". I wouldn't run plates and drop brackets or CC bushings.

What did you do to correct for your 6" lift? Well, there's your answer!:slap:

I'm pretty sure CC plates are good for 4"-6". I wouldn't run plates and drop brackets or CC bushings.

What did you do to correct for your 6" lift? Well, there's your answer!:slap:
I have the full Slee 6" kit (with arms). I'm changing the rear end to leafs and now have my rear kit sitting in my garage. A buddy has a CC kit on his rig with a 2.5" kit, wondering if he buys my rear kit, what else is needed to get him to 6" up front besides coils/shocks/swaybay drop. He already has upgraded steering as well.

IMO CC plates are good up to ~4". Anything more than that would require Slee's arms or some other custom solution. Maybe CC plates and 2" drop brackets would work?

I'm at a 4" lift with Slee plates and my caster is on the low side. I considered encompassing drop brackets with the plates but I already hit my stock frame brackets on rocks. And besides, even with the caster around 1 degree it still drives better than any other lifted truck I've ever had in the past.

For those hoping for 2.5" plates, finally got em: 80 Series Caster Correction Plates- 2.5in.

Landtank-2.5inch-caster-plates.jpg

just curious why leaf springs ?
Because this is America and we can install freedom springs on our cruisers if we want to. In all seriousness, for lifted rigs its an easy way to fix some of the ill behavior of the stock suspension (ill behavior when lifted). If you have to choose between new link mounts or leaf springs then why not?

Note - I think this would be a bad idea on the front axle

When quoting caster specs with a "4 inch" lift or whatever because ride height can vari 1" or more affecting caster one should include under fender lip to center of hub for a more fair comparison. Just say'n

Can you expand on that? I'm curious, having never heard of it before.
Stock geometry is neutral and fine when not lifted. Once lifted, it has a positive (oversteering) roll axis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom