What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my driveshaft back from the shop. Had it lengthened 4+ inches to accommodate the spring flip.

Mocked it up tonight and everything fits perfectly. Now to strip it down and paint it.
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG

I finally made progress on the rear doors., installing new OEM weatherstripping. The quality of the OEM is so much better than my previous weatherstripping from a texas vendor. I need to make some gaskets for the rear hinges for where they mate to the top, and the doors. I found some 3/16 rubber sheets to make the gaskets out of. I am using stainless hardware on all exterior bolts, plus nylon washers.
20170910_153801.jpg
20170911_221232.jpg
20170911_221253.jpg
20170911_221301.jpg

Looking good Nolan.:clap:

Thanks Michael, UPS just dropped off the new front springs. Once that's done I'll finish the front brake lines then drop the drive train in.

Looking forward to seeing some more of your metal work, get well soon man.

IMG_6556.JPG
IMG_6559.JPG

Waiting for some friends to help connect these two pictures with 6 'Small bolts'. From there the rest is downhill... :D. albeit a long hill.

Finished the body work and have all the disassembled parts in 2K primer. Going to apply the under coat tomorrow weather permitting. Have applied 3M seam sealer to everything before I primed the metal.

Connected the hazard switch, and with that now functioning was able to get it to pass inspection! I can't say it's exactly freeway worthy, what with the crazy drivers in Houston, but it's legal. Thank god Texas doesn't require an emissions test!

I installed some new window regulators and put the windows back into the correct doors. So with new regulators and new felt in the channels and the windows in the correct doors now the windows roll up and down again. I still have to get the weather strip for the outside of the window and correct bolts for all of the door. The body shop guys thought they were doing me a favor by replacing all of the bolts with new stuff. Here is a couple of pics of the passenger door torn apart and back together.

IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG

New OCD top is on. That thing is tight like a drum! Think I am going to just enjoy it for a while since the weather is so nice. I treated it with UV protectant. DO NOT get that stuff on your soft top windows as it's absolutely brutal to get off. I will probably tackle the FST doors next year and just roll the regular hard doors this winter.
IMG_0981.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0987.JPG

okay guys, cruiser tech heads and knowledgeable people, :);) i need some help. this wiring harness out of a 82 hj47 (not super glow) is about to go into my truck. I've got everything ready but need to know where the wire in the bottom of the pic goes. its the small diameter white and blue cable. this is the engine wiring harness... any ideas?
IMG_20170916_111701.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom