Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for minitruck, 4runner, or even semi float cruiser axle housing to cut apart to make a tool to press out rear axle bearings.

axlepress.png

Looking for minitruck, 4runner, or even semi float cruiser axle housing to cut apart to make a tool to press out rear axle bearings.

View attachment 1534934

I have one of these in my sights. Will most likely pull the trigger in the next week or two. Using a long ass pieces of all thread and bearing splitters is getting old. I'd bet you could make one of these out of some exhaust pipe and some flat stock, but I'm lazy so I'll just buy one.

Free to anyone who needs a
15052473702341501484300.jpg
classic tire, doesn't seem to have any dry rotted, in good shape, good for a classic 40. Dunlap rk3 (Japan) 7.6-15

Header and exhaust for a 63 fj40 f engine.
1505247629746-1682346417.jpg
Was asking 100 but make an offer, willing to give away to someone who is willing to let me look at their 40 to help figure out some wiring issues on mine.

I would say you can look at my 40. But the current owner has butchered the wiring.

What wiring you need some help with?

I would say you can look at my 40. But the current owner has butchered the wiring.

What wiring you need some help with?
Looking for the wiring at the left front fender and one or 2 things under the dash. I believe I have a few missing parts as I picked up this fj40 in pieces. This thing also has lot of hack job wiring including burnt wires from the alternator to voltage regulator on the other side but I think I got that figured out.

Sorry I can't help you there. I think the only wiring I have left on my left front fender is parking lights, turn signals, and headlights that come from the right front fender. My alternator wire and voltage regulator wires were also burned up. I removed the Toyota alternator and installed a Chevy one wire alternator. And ran a new charging circuit.
But my 40 is a hack job!

Anyone have any good 4-speed transfercases they'd part with for a 40-series?

My idler gear has pitting on the bearing races and the input shaft is toast.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Georg might have a spare gear set laying around but if anyone has a good gear set or a full case locally for the right price it would save me some shipping!

I will look at the one I have. It has sat outside for the past 4 years so don't get your hopes up. If it's worth it I can bring it to Fall Crawl. Or meet you half way.

I will look at the one I have. It has sat outside for the past 4 years so don't get your hopes up. If it's worth it I can bring it to Fall Crawl. Or meet you half way.

Thanks for the offer Jake - keep me posted - If the gears are good (particularly the bearing races in the idler gears) that's primarily what I'll need. Of course, I guess there's really no great way to check that without tearing it down...The rest of the parts I can still get aftermarket. I'm in sales and drive all over MD/DC area - I'm out toward Frederick occasionally.

Unfortunately my 40 is in 1,000 pieces so Fall Crawl is probably out!

2nd row seat leather $400 for FZJ80/LX450

I have a set of tan replacement leather that I bought from Aatlas (metric TLC) a few years back and never installed.

These are replacements for the factory upholstery - not seat covers.

Middle row only - sorry the front leathers are in my truck!

View attachment 1537859

View attachment 1537860

Georg might have a spare gear set laying around but if anyone has a good gear set or a full case locally for the right price it would save me some shipping!

I may have what you need...

I may have what you need...

Keep me posted Stump! I'm probably going to give Gerog or Mark a call next Tuesday when I'm back in town - if you have a chance to check before then, hopefully we can work something out! Shoot me a PM with details.

Will do. I'll dig around tonight...
By the way, we do have our swap meet and truck show in Alexandria this weekend.

Wish I could - unfortunately I've got a wedding to attend. I'm down in DC/Alexandria for work semi-frequently now though so if you dig something up, I'll probably be down that way in the near future.

Not coming to the swap meet?

View attachment 1537859

View attachment 1537860

I should have pretty much everything except the front and rear output cones (gotta keep a spare just in case a blow one up). But you should have those from the case you have and they are usually in good shape.

I should have pretty much everything except the front and rear output cones (gotta keep a spare just in case a blow one up). But you should have those from the case you have and they are usually in good shape.

Front and rear output cones being the nose cone and speedo housing? If so, then yes, mine should be re-usable. The case itself is actually in pretty good shape.

Not coming to the swap meet?

Ya I'm coming to the swap meet! I just put a 3rd coat of wax on the 40 for the Show and Shine!!
Didn't think about bring it to the Swap meet. I'm still getting stuff around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom