LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did the oem caps fail?

If you recall I cut off about a half inch section from one of the used housings allowing me to use the OEM Low beam cap in the high beam side of the housing but the glue just failed and I used JB Weld, it didn't hold... there was not enough surface area
This only came into play because I'm doing a quad setup

IMG_2447.JPG

Last edited:
So I got the lights in and adjusted but I still need to seal them up.
I will say if I had to do it all over again I would not have done a quad set up ...
it was a total pain in the ass and honestly the difference in light output is minimal.. I think it was just something I wanted to do.

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

Hi Luke
Your seven months of hard work are acknowledged by those following your design process and those who have ordered brackets. I have the old style over and under lights on my 2001 Landcruiser, but OEM incandescent candles are dull as and I am contemplating a projector HID retrofit upgrade. I am unsure about upgrading to the side by side style.

OEM-Glass

Upgraded side by side- plastic

HEADLIGHTS LPTO20 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FJ100 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002-2004 CHROME | eBay

This upgrade does not require the grill change and the panel work required if i utilise the later model OEM side by side style as per your Cruiser.

Will your bracket fit this style of headlight upgrade? Contemplated a quad set of H1 projectors but may take it in two bites. Get the first set working but then again it means twice baking the headlight to get things apart and back together.

best regards
Tony

Hi Luke
Your seven months of hard work are acknowledged by those following your design process and those who have ordered brackets. I have the old style over and under lights on my 2001 Landcruiser, but OEM incandescent candles are dull as and I am contemplating a projector HID retrofit upgrade. I am unsure about upgrading to the side by side style.

OEM-Glass

Upgraded side by side- plastic

HEADLIGHTS LPTO20 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FJ100 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002-2004 CHROME | eBay

This upgrade does not require the grill change and the panel work required if i utilise the later model OEM side by side style as per your Cruiser.

Will your bracket fit this style of headlight upgrade? Contemplated a quad set of H1 projectors but may take it in two bites. Get the first set working but then again it means twice baking the headlight to get things apart and back together.

best regards
Tony

The brackets are only needed for LX models when replacing the factory projector.

How To: HID+Projector Retrofit on a 100 Series.

Nice looking brackets :) I see we have a new Retrofit king on the board

Nick? you got me into this ... I'm still a newbie just passionate about things that work

Adjustment Tip: before you seal up your lights you want to mount them on the truck and adjust them .. The tip is you can adjust them from the front by turning the adjustment screws with a vice grip
Wish I figured that out before today

I decided to go ahead and hook up the quad highbeams and I was so wrong. There's a huge difference switching on the highbeams

I also added yellow 3000k bulbs in the foglights and LED's in the backup light housing

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

Last edited:
Just ordered and paid. Your PM inbox is full. Have a change to my address from the PayPal shipping address that I made my order with. Sorry about the inconvenience...

Fully acknowledge I sound like a total dick saying your pm inbox is full hahaha. But wanted to make sure you got my correct address before it shipped.

Great product and super fast reply on a Saturday night via email. Can't wait to install on my LX.

Andrew.

Fully acknowledge I sound like a total dick saying your pm inbox is full hahaha. But wanted to make sure you got my correct address before it shipped.

Great product and super fast reply on a Saturday night via email. Can't wait to install on my LX.

Andrew.

No worries at all.. thanks for the order and the bump

Those sitting on the fence I still have brackets available

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

Stay tune... looks like I'll be selling new OEM lights retrofitted with the Mini H1 and retrofitting services for anybody looking for a finish product or to have their lights retrofitted. I should have all the pricing set by sometime next week and all the work will be done by someone who's very experienced and part of our community
LB

Stay tune... looks like I'll be selling new OEM lights retrofitted with the Mini H1 and retrofitting services for anybody looking for a finish product or to have their lights retrofitted. I should have all the pricing set by sometime next week and all the work will be done by someone who's very experienced and part of our community
LB
I would be very interested in this option. Looking forward to learn the details.

LB

I want plug and play

LB
Same here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom