Best rear cargo mat with 3rd row seats removed? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great! Where did you get the covers for the mounting holes in the side plastic trim? Part numbers?

Thank you.

I was wondering how long it would take to get a question about the covers; @fireball, you win with a time of 39 minutes!
Part numbers? Hmmm, i guess we'll call them fp#3L & fp#3R (I actually made a couple of parts for my '99LC way back when...)

Seriously though, I could not believe Toyota didn't have something to cover up those holes: not only ugly, but looks like a guaranteed magnet for small parts to fall into! I was hoping my Australian contacts might help, but eventually discovered the rear trim on the 5-seat version down there is completely different and doesn't have the holes.

I did some research and decided to create my own covers. If I had known how much time and money I'd spend, I would have covered them with duct tape and gone on down the road! The one on the right was vacuum formed from some plastic trim I found in a junkyard. By the time I got to the left side, I ordered some ABS sheets to use, but am not thrilled with the finish (too shiny and pattern doesn't match).

As I was getting close to completing the project, my friends (who had been telling me I was way too "anal" about this issue) suggested I might consider selling these to like-minded LC200 enthusiasts. If there's enough interest and I can find a good source of trim material, I'll see about redoing my molds one more time and produce some of these for sale.

Thanks for the likes.

I'm in for a set of fp#3L & fp#3R :bounce2:

I like the look of the left one best (DS).

And, if you can vacuum-form ABS, I'd pay $1M for a set of covers for the back of the front seats when the LCD monitors are removed.

Last edited:
I'm in for a set of fp#3L & fp#3R :bounce2:

I like the look of the left one best (DS).

And, if you can vacuum-form ABS, I'd pay $1M for a set of covers for the back of the front seats when the LCD monitors are removed.
X2 (on everything but the $1M part)! Oh, and thanks a LOT.

Black duct tape for the holes - matches the mat & tires :)

Ok, one full year after starting this thread I FINALLY have my solution: kudos to @89cruiserfj62 for the pic of the mat for the 5-seat LC200 in Australia. I spent 8 months sending emails and posting on websites trying to 1) get someone in Australia to confirm the fit for our US models (waste of time) and 2) getting ANYONE to agree to ship me one to the US after I was 95% sure it would fit. None of the AU eBayers (including Toyota dealers with eBay presence) were any use (all said "Can't ship to US").

I finally got out my international calling card and starting random calling dealers one Sunday night (Mon am in AU) and eventually got Matthew Wright, a "Parts Interpreter" with Sydney City Toyota to agree to ship me the PZQ20-60420 mat for AU$102 + AU$120 for shipping (total = US$183.50). It showed up 6 days later and I was very pleased to see that it fit our LC200's perfectly!

I've attached pics showing:
  1. After removal of OEM mat & 3rd row seats (including all hardware & seat belts)
  2. After install of PZQ20-60420 mat
  3. Left & Right rear closeups showing fit of mat
Let me know if y'all have any ?'s...]

Great job @firepuppy!

As for the covers, I found this a while back.....

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Now in that pic, that looks like the cargo area of a 200 as far as the shape, the rear seats, the speaker, cupholders, vent, etc...but those aren't where the seat mounting points are in the US 200, so I don't know if they are right or not....

Do you just want it to cover the holes or do you want something that can look stock (or at least close to stock)? Getting something to look good has bee quite a challenge primarily because one of my goals has been to make something one-piece, with no visible hardware, and without an access panel.

The easiest solution would be a molded exterior with an internal plastic or metal frame, and a trap door for connecting it to the existing headrest monitor mounts. Any fab shop worth their salt should be able to crank that out for a couple hundred bucks.

I've been working on true cover for this in my spare time at the machine shop after working on more practical projects and have been disappointed time and time again. Making something that looks good with the terra interior is especially troublesome. I've tried aluminum, plastic, and wood as materials along with veneer, powder coat, and even leather from an extra grey leg cushion I bought as a spare part. So far the leather-covered option looks the most natural. While I'd prefer the space to be blank, it does "blend in" better if it has some kind of functionality.

My next attempt will be a milled two-piece aluminum unit with some kind of utility (chargers? secret cash storage?). I'll try to leverage the existing mounting points and cover it in leather from a spare cushion. Power-coated black may work out okay for black seats. It looks out of place on the terra, though. I think it will work but am disappointed that I haven't figured out a one-piece solution (I tried a one-piece with tapered slots that would simply be pushed-on and pulled off but was worried that they would wear out). Don't get your hopes up, though, this won't be happening anytime soon. It'll be a few months before I have enough time to make real progress.

Sorry to hijack, but I was just curious to get a sense of folks' expectations/desires.

Do you just want it to cover the holes or do you want something that can look stock (or at least close to stock)? Getting something to look good has bee quite a challenge primarily because one of my goals has been to make something one-piece, with no visible hardware, and without an access panel.

The easiest solution would be a molded exterior with an internal plastic or metal frame, and a trap door for connecting it to the existing headrest monitor mounts. Any fab shop worth their salt should be able to crank that out for a couple hundred bucks.

I've been working on true cover for this in my spare time at the machine shop after working on more practical projects and have been disappointed time and time again. Making something that looks good with the terra interior is especially troublesome. I've tried aluminum, plastic, and wood as materials along with veneer, powder coat, and even leather from an extra grey leg cushion I bought as a spare part. So far the leather-covered option looks the most natural. While I'd prefer the space to be blank, it does "blend in" better if it has some kind of functionality.

My next attempt will be a milled two-piece aluminum unit with some kind of utility (chargers? secret cash storage?). I'll try to leverage the existing mounting points and cover it in leather from a spare cushion. Power-coated black may work out okay for black seats. It looks out of place on the terra, though. I think it will work but am disappointed that I haven't figured out a one-piece solution (I tried a one-piece with tapered slots that would simply be pushed-on and pulled off but was worried that they would wear out). Don't get your hopes up, though, this won't be happening anytime soon. It'll be a few months before I have enough time to make real progress.

Sorry to hijack, but I was just curious to get a sense of folks' expectations/desires.

This is pretty much exactly where I am too. Lots of attempts and many others trying too. Nothing yet has looked nice or become available. There's a market here on MUD for many sets of them but I've given up on anyone making them available. I'll try again this fall with wood, attempting to match the wood trim in the Terra interior for an OEM look.

If you want to make side covers like OP has you could use Sugru, would give you the same formed plastic look, and for the most part pretty cheap solution. Home | Sugru

Great job @firepuppy!

As for the covers, I found this a while back.....

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Now in that pic, that looks like the cargo area of a 200 as far as the shape, the rear seats, the speaker, cupholders, vent, etc...but those aren't where the seat mounting points are in the US 200, so I don't know if they are right or not....

I looked at that site and agree with you the seat mounting points are way off for this product. Not sure what that vehicle is, but the closest thing to the top front cover in our vehicle is a vent and the bottom cover (the only one I'm bothered by) is toward the front of the wheel well which has another vent on the LC200s.

The one issue your link brings up is color matching the trim. I was fortunate to have black lower trim, so ABS sheets were no problem. If anyone has a source for trim material matching the other color options (not even sure what they all are...), I'd love to hear about it??

@Sandroad, I have a 2009 so don't have the front seat LCD issue, but it appears there are better folks than me working on this problem...

I'd buy that mat in a sec. How do I easily get one? Group buy for those of us w\o drawers!?

Ok, one full year after starting this thread I FINALLY have my solution: kudos to @89cruiserfj62 for the pic of the mat for the 5-seat LC200 in Australia. I spent 8 months sending emails and posting on websites trying to 1) get someone in Australia to confirm the fit for our US models (waste of time) and 2) getting ANYONE to agree to ship me one to the US after I was 95% sure it would fit. None of the AU eBayers (including Toyota dealers with eBay presence) were any use (all said "Can't ship to US").

I finally got out my international calling card and starting random calling dealers one Sunday night (Mon am in AU) and eventually got Matthew Wright, a "Parts Interpreter" with Sydney City Toyota to agree to ship me the PZQ20-60420 mat for AU$102 + AU$120 for shipping (total = US$183.50). It showed up 6 days later and I was very pleased to see that it fit our LC200's perfectly!

I've attached pics showing:
  1. After removal of OEM mat & 3rd row seats (including all hardware & seat belts)
  2. After install of PZQ20-60420 mat
  3. Left & Right rear closeups showing fit of mat
Let me know if y'all have any ?'s...
View attachment 1536606 View attachment 1536609 View attachment 1536616 View attachment 1536621

I'd buy that mat in a sec. How do I easily get one? Group buy for those of us w\o drawers!?

Is matthew wright taking additional orders?!? Because I am in.

^^^^^^^ Me Too!

For the record, my Lowe's rubber-backed carpet solution has worked well, but it moves around with the dog walking on it and from pulling things in and out. Even with carpet tape, it eventually inches forward and needs to be pulled back every couple of weeks.

I don't know about easily, but I can provide Matthew Wright's contact info (I'm not sure I should post phone numbers or email here; I've started a new Conversation with @RussBow6 and others with the info and I'll add anyone who wants to it). As far as a group buy, a friend of mine suggested I try contacting Gulf States or one of the other big regional Toyota distributors with the Toyota part number and see if they could bring some into the US. The other possibility would be to order several from Sydney City Toyota since the shipping is more than half the cost of getting one from them. I'll leave those efforts to someone else now.;)
I can say I was VERY pleased with the fit: I had expected some slight gaps or excess around the edges but found none. I DID have an issue with the last 11 inches or so at the front (the foot area for folks sitting in the 3rd row seats) sloping down about an inch. I built up that area with some extra padding underneath to make the whole thing more level.

I don't know about easily, but I can provide Matthew Wright's contact info (I'm not sure I should post phone numbers or email here; I've started a new Conversation with @RussBow6 and others with the info and I'll add anyone who wants to it). As far as a group buy, a friend of mine suggested I try contacting Gulf States or one of the other big regional Toyota distributors with the Toyota part number and see if they could bring some into the US. The other possibility would be to order several from Sydney City Toyota since the shipping is more than half the cost of getting one from them. I'll leave those efforts to someone else now.;)
I can say I was VERY pleased with the fit: I had expected some slight gaps or excess around the edges but found none. I DID have an issue with the last 11 inches or so at the front (the foot area for folks sitting in the 3rd row seats) sloping down about an inch. I built up that area with some extra padding underneath to make the whole thing more level.

my mat is on the way to the States! Eta before sept 26th! now I just need some fender hole covers from you @firepuppy and take the time to remove the molding to remove the seat belts and mounts.

we all owe you a bunch of beers for this @firepuppy thanks so much!

Hey wait a minute, Im the one that discovered the existence of the mat! Give me some credit too! :) I contacted the one vendor on ebay and they wouldn't ship overseas so I kinda gave up. Of course by now my kids are older, we don't have to lug around huge strollers and pack'n plays when we travel, and Im probably going to put the third row seats back in! :bang:

Hey wait a minute, Im the one that discovered the existence of the mat! Give me some credit too! :) I contacted the one vendor on ebay and they wouldn't ship overseas so I kinda gave up. Of course by now my kids are older, we don't have to lug around huge strollers and pack'n plays when we travel, and Im probably going to put the third row seats back in! :bang:

hahah touche sir! I owe you a 6 pack as well!

Sorry about bringing up an old post, but found this on Ebay. Anybody have one? It's cheap enough ($31 including shipping to US - bad sign?) that I might give it a go if no one else has acquired one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom