Hawk Pride- NOW Sept 21-24 Due to Irma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE:

Based on last night's correspondence, the trip has been delayed one week. The ride will still be held at Hawks Pride but has been moved to Sept. 14-17. My plan is to arrive Thursday evening (9/14).

If we would like to arrange Thursday night camping at Hawks Pride, we will need to check with the gate keeper, who said that it can be arranged but we'll need a somewhat solid ETA plan.

It appears that at least the following group will be present: @TeddyBoy, @FJCRAWLER, John, Randy, ???

Unknowns: @AuburnFJsexy, @DSLTOY, @radioridge, Sidney.

Thanks @tgreco . As best I can tell everyone is still in except Andy, unfortunately he can't get the time off work an gets the short end.

My business partner is supposed to be on vacation next week so that might throw a monkey wrench in my arrival day. We'll see.

Glad to hear you were able to work out Thursday camping arrangements with the park, like I told you I received a "no problem" one day and the next was told "not open on Thursday". Anyway, I anticipated arrival around 4:00 CST for our group, perhaps earlier for Roger and Rocky but they can speak for themselves since they are considerably closer than we are.

Last edited:
I am good for next weekend...

I am closer but half my trip is on 2 lane state highway so estimating travel time is more difficult so will allow extra time. I'll shoot for 4 pm might want to edit Tony's post to 21-24 to avoid confusion.

I am closer but half my trip is on 2 lane state highway so estimating travel time is more difficult so will allow extra time. I'll shoot for 4 pm might want to edit Tony's post to 21-24 to avoid confusion.

Updated my previous post with the correct dates - sorry about that.

I'll work on the Thursday night access.

Just realized same weekend as Dixie Run at GM. :hmm::hmm:

so you're going to DR? The change is causing me problems too, I have a full schedule for late next week and my partner is going out of town. That and I forgot that i have a rare Sunday work related issue as well. I'll find a way to work it out but bumping the date is starting to cause some major inconveniences. This may put me up there Thursday night/Friday morning instead of Thursday mid-afternoon. :bang:

Not sure. I already paid for DR but no one is going that we normally wheel with so I'll have to kick it around. I would have thought more would have signed up for DR but I guess being its mostly jeeps I can somewhat understand.

Not sure. I already paid for DR but no one is going that we normally wheel with so I'll have to kick it around. I would have thought more would have signed up for DR but I guess being its mostly jeeps I can somewhat understand.

As you know we were there over New Years, it's a great park if you have the proper rig for it. However, you now have that Jeep thingy which means you'll fit right in with the crowd but there is very little you'll be able to do with it, honestly! Even the access trails (1 and 2) have become trails to a degree and I think you'll spend more time riding b!tch than you're accustomed to.

If you all are going to cancel this or move it again do it early cause if you do I'll join Rocky.

If you all are going to cancel this or move it again do it early cause if you do I'll join Rocky.

short of nuclear war or a monsoon I'm not going to cancel!!!! Haven't hit dirt in 4 months and if I have to drive up for 2 hours of wheeling that's what Im'a gonna do!!!

Not to keep monkeying around with this trip, but would it make sense given real world obligations to move this to a closer park and shoot for HP later? This doesn't help @FJCRAWLER, but I don't want to pull cable for a jeep all weekend anyway :moon:.

I'm still in for wheeling this weekend wherever we may end up, but I also don't want it to get cancelled. My Oct - Nov are slammed and this may be my last chance for a wheeling trip for a little while.

With that said, I could use a little more of this in my life:

Not to keep monkeying around with this trip, but would it make sense given real world obligations to move this to a closer park and shoot for HP later? This doesn't help @FJCRAWLER, but I don't want to pull cable for a jeep all weekend anyway :moon:.

I'm still in for wheeling this weekend wherever we may end up, but I also don't want it to get cancelled. My Oct - Nov are slammed and this may be my last chance for a wheeling trip for a little while.

With that said, I could use a little more of this in my life:

delete this crap now and dont cause the confusion, Hawk Pride or BUST!!!:moon:

Pulling cable.
Easy Tonto, if I remember correctly I don't think anyone but @jynx has seen the Jeep.......lately. It could be it pulling you there @tgreco.

I do believe I'll be at HP.

Pulling cable.
Easy Tonto, if I remember correctly I don't think anyone but @jynx has seen the Jeep.......lately. It could be it pulling you there @tgreco.

I probably should have held my words until I can lay eyes on this extraordinary wheeling machine. With that said, I'll gladly pull cable if you bring my propane tank and avoid the GM wannabee wheelers :beer:.

Pulling cable.

I'm going to have to back @FJCRAWLER here. It ain't a regular heep, he has a nicely built WJ, long arms, ARB's front and rear, armor, etc. It is a nice rig and I'd suspect it would hang. Erin had a WJ for a while and to be honest if I was going to own one, probably the one I would go back with. He also has a nice new wench up front to test out on you there @tgreco :smokin:

The way this is going, I predict some after-dark dares that may result in some good stories.

Serious talk: I spoke with Melissa at HP and we are good to go for a Thursday late-afternoon check in. I told her we'd plan to arrive by 4pm CST, but we are going to talk mid-next week to solidify. Here are some action items for those attending:
1. For those reserving cabins/RV spots, please go ahead and register online
2. For everyone attending, please go online and print and complete the waiver such that all HP has to do is let us in the gate

The way this is going, I predict some after-dark dares that may result in some good stories.

Serious talk: I spoke with Melissa at HP and we are good to go for a Thursday late-afternoon check in. I told her we'd plan to arrive by 4pm CST, but we are going to talk mid-next week to solidify. Here are some action items for those attending:
1. For those reserving cabins/RV spots, please go ahead and register online
2. For everyone attending, please go online and print and complete the waiver such that all HP has to do is let us in the gate

Thats damn fine work for a democrat:rofl:

You knew it would come back to bite you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom