2 fuel filters in a row...ok? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So...I am running some Sea Foam through my fuel system and was worried it would dredge up a bunch of gunk from the tank and plug up my new OEM fuel filter (and of course you can't see into that one to know how gunked it might be). So I installed a see-through fuel filter in front of it to catch any gunk. So far, no gunk -great. I'm wondering however if there is any downside to two fuel fliters. Can I just leave it in or will it tax the fuel pump more than just one meaning I should pull it? On that note, any reason I need to pay xtra money for an OEM filter rather than just using the much cheaper plastic one?

Thanks!

YMMV. if the truck starts bucking on heavy acceleration or inclined, you will have your answer.

your mileage may vary. i like it. i run a fuel injected early 90's ford fuel filter (smaller micron) before my oem glass filter. no problems, yet...

Should be no dramas running two fuel filters. I know a lot of people here in Aust run two especially if they are travelling outback as there it a great chance of getting dirty fuel. It is a lot cheaper to run two filters than to replace an entire engine.

I've actually had it in for at least a week and have not noticed any change. And it's always full of fuel but I suppose being first in the fuel line coming from the tank it would. I sure like that it's transparent compared to the OEM filter where visually you can't determine if it is clogged or not.

The early LC elements were/are the best. Element mounts vertically in a simple, modular housing. Driving provides a shaker effect where all the larger partiticulate matter shakes off of the filter and settles in the bottom of the housing. Beautifully simple.

Earlier than '71?

I ran three for a period - no issues. Recently I let one get dirty and it clogged up the carb. Extra filters no worries in my books.

This may not be the right place, but I am just looking at changing my fuel filter and there are two there, only one connected. I am assuming the PO could not get the old one out (rear bolt maybe) so they just connected a new one and it's being held by one bolt sitting next to the disconnected one. I am wondering, if it really is a problem for me to try to remove both old filters to install a new one, is there an easier time to do it from above? like if you remove intake manifold? there is a little vacuum hose under there that I'd like to change as well. Also, any suggestions on bulk hose to change all vacuum? trying to cover all base maintenance... if I did remove intake manifold, what are some other things that should be done at that time? Thanks

This may not be the right place, but I am just looking at changing my fuel filter and there are two there, only one connected. I am assuming the PO could not get the old one out (rear bolt maybe) so they just connected a new one and it's being held by one bolt sitting next to the disconnected one. I am wondering, if it really is a problem for me to try to remove both old filters to install a new one, is there an easier time to do it from above? like if you remove intake manifold? there is a little vacuum hose under there that I'd like to change as well. Also, any suggestions on bulk hose to change all vacuum? trying to cover all base maintenance... if I did remove intake manifold, what are some other things that should be done at that time? Thanks

BE977B54-2A9C-4B29-9104-D72B126AED53.jpeg

I actually run a second clear NAPA on the return side, prolly a waste but that's what I do.

Its nit an fj but have duel filters on all my tractors through the years with no issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom