Starting my North America trip tomorrow!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've lived in seven states (including Oklahoma) and driven through all but Hawaii. I've spent lots of time working in and visiting Arkansas, from Fort Smith to Little Rock to Eureka Springs to Hot Springs and everything in between many times. Trust me, when you live in Oklahoma, you try to find something worth going to nearby. Sadly there isn't much...it's okay, once you make it out of there, you will see. :) Happy travels and on with the show!
. What a ignorant statement From a guy with less than 10 messages and 5 likes , you will learn we play with more respect here grasshopper... sorry to the op for cluttering his thread

That seems like an awesome trip enjoy. Ignore all the clutter in the thread.

I will 2nd that getting that close to Alaska and not going in would be a missed opportunity but im sure youve planned the trip around things most important to you and cant really change the plans this late anyway..... post tons of pics and put up a trip report in expo if you are on that site also.

Nice! Enjoying all the insta posts... hit me up when you're in SoCal and maybe we can head to a trail!

Enjoy the trip! Curious as to where your LX came from? I plan to import mine to Canada in a year or so and am equally pleased that it's such a rare car in Canada, and apprehensive because the gas bill will be exorbitant!

Hi Guys,
just a quick update.
I arrived at point A last week, been here in Banff/Jasper for a week now and might stay for more days since there are a lot of trails to do around here.

I will NOT be going to Inuvik/Alaska anymore as I think I started my trip very late + Denali Park will be closing soon + I recalculated my gas expenses and think that the 7000km round trip from Banff to Denali Park will give me the opportunity to go more places to see in the USA instead of going to only one place ,,, I could perhaps use it to do the EAST coast instead of going straight back to Toronto from Denver, CO.

I blew 1 tire, had to buy 2 new ones, $700cdn installed :(
Put old spare tire without rim on roof just in case I need it.
Did not affect mileage,,

Tire pressure increased from 35psi to 47psi gave me 50+km on HWY.

I have used 87,89,91 octane and not sure I see difference in mileage to be honest, however, 91 is smoother and better response ,,, but not sure it gave me more mileage ,, full 94L tank gets me 600+km with any octane level.

Someone asked about my LX, yes it is a Canadian car, I will sell after the trip if anyone interested :)
I will import my father's Nissan Patrol to Canada since it is more EXCLUSIVE and solid axle front and back + 2 gas tanks total 135L = ~900km HWY fuel range.

I appreciate the posts who suggested we meet where they live, kindly DM me ur info, I am mostly on instagram, but will check again here soon :)

Following on insta as well, enjoy and have a safe trip!!

Thank you! Hope you enjoy the pictures :)

XXXX

After I wrote my update this morning, I went back to my LX and found the front higher than the back.
I think it is on high, went on the HWY and still doesnt want to come down, not even by pressing the button.
Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but still AHC does not want to move.

Any advice plz?
Thank you!

Thank you! Hope you enjoy the pictures :)

XXXX

After I wrote my update this morning, I went back to my LX and found the front higher than the back.
I think it is on high, went on the HWY and still doesnt want to come down, not even by pressing the button.
Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but still AHC does not want to move.

Any advice plz?
Thank you!

If you need mechanical help with your AHC I can give you a hand, I'm in Calgary.

Sweet trip, very jealous!

Tareq,

I've done parts of your route before, so here's my .02 cent.s

1) Zion National Park. Gold. Pure gold. Make all the time you can, and there is an outfitter at the base of the park that has like 5 land cruisers. You can't miss em.

2) The state highways in Western Colorado are more relaxed and scenic. If you can avoid the interstate system in Colorado I think you'll be better off.

3) If the weather in calgary is good, make sure you get enough time in Banff and the other sites. They're one of a kind, but you probably already know that.

If you need mechanical help with your AHC I can give you a hand, I'm in Calgary.

Sweet trip, very jealous!

Thank you,
I am on my way to Vancouver, half way in between it and Calgary,,,

Tareq,

I've done parts of your route before, so here's my .02 cent.s

1) Zion National Park. Gold. Pure gold. Make all the time you can, and there is an outfitter at the base of the park that has like 5 land cruisers. You can't miss em.

2) The state highways in Western Colorado are more relaxed and scenic. If you can avoid the interstate system in Colorado I think you'll be better off.

3) If the weather in calgary is good, make sure you get enough time in Banff and the other sites. They're one of a kind, but you probably already know that.

Thank you,
I have done many of the Difficult trails in Jasper and Lake Louis,,,, you could spend a lifetime if you wanna do everything, but I focus on the main challenging and scenic hikes.
Please clarify the HWYs you mentioned, which are they?
I wanna do Black Bear Pass and the likes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guys,
AHC is screwing my trip.
Front is stuck in HIGH, and on the HWY it doesnt seem safe.
I checked the front end this morning and the boots started leaking grease!
I tried pulling off the fuse on and off, but nothing works.
I am thinking of towing it to Vancouver to have it replaced by OME or Ironman.
I should have changed it before the trip but not sure I wanted to keep the truck after the trip.

Please advise ,,, where is the location of the front sensor?

Thank you,,,

Thats awesome to be meeting other folks on the forum! Have fun! :)

I wanna do Black Bear Pass and the likes.
It is starting to snow at high elevation now in Colorado. You may be a little too late for high elevation trails unless you hurry out.

Simply avoid I70 through Colorado and you will be immersed in beautiful scenery and a relaxing drive.

Sounds like you are having a good time!

It is starting to snow at high elevation now in Colorado. You may be a little too late for high elevation trails unless you hurry out.

Simply avoid I70 through Colorado and you will be immersed in beautiful scenery and a relaxing drive.

Just read Imogene Pass got 5" of snow.

Just read Imogene Pass got 5" of snow.

I will not be in CO until late October, it will be late then?
If it is not worth it being there, what other areas should I check instead?
Spend more time in Moab?

AHC works again :)
I woke up 3 days ago and found the rear lowered to L and front on N.
Pulled the fuse out immediately.
Drove on the HWY fine, as I was worried about the rear drive shaft, but it was straight.
No problems even up to 130km/hr
Much better than being stuck on H.
Today I had to go on a trail and thought I should try it.
Put the fuse back and it adjusted itself back to N.
Went up and down very smooth and no hesitation.
Good ,,, for now,,,

Different US states have different laws for stickers, but in general if it blocks the driver's vision you can get busted - I'd remove the rear one anyway just to make it easier to drive and change lanes safely, which you'll be doing a couple hundred/thousand times...

Your map was unclear as to your route through Oregon but I *really* hope you're not just taking I-5! It is the most beautiful state in the country (IMHO!) and from the wild Pacific coast to the stark deserts east of Bend the variety of terrain ought to take a week minimum if at all possible. If you need tips/ideas let me know!

I will not be in CO until late October, it will be late then?
If it is not worth it being there, what other areas should I check instead?
Spend more time in Moab?,,,
You will not be able to drive the high mountain passes in late October due to snow. But do not let that discourage you from visiting Colorado. The 2lane highways will be enjoyable with minimal traffic, such as Highway 550 between Ouray and Silverton which will let you get a feel for the San Juan Mountains (where Black Bear Pass is located). You may even be able to drive up to Animas Forks from Silverton in late October. With countless things to see and do in Colorado, even when snowy, I certainly wouldn't cut your time short...but I used to live out there, so I may be a little biased ;)

I think I saw your truck the other day, are you in the North Vancouver area?
your truck looked pretty clean~!

enjoy your trip, don't forget to leave time for unplanned journeys down dirt roads...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom