Can anyone tell me what this dash part is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I pulled this item off of the dash of my 1966 FJ40 over a decade ago...and now I have no idea what it is. I don't remember what part of the dash it was located on, either. The part that looks like a push button does not actually push in, unless it's really stuck. I'm also not sure if its supposed to be bent like that. The markings say "Cat No. 821-UND Lab Inc. INSP 5 AMPS 250 V.A.C.".

Thanks in advance.

20170910_132648.jpg

20170910_132656.jpg

Some do-dad added after-the-fact.

Excellent, thank you. Not sure how you found that, but I did a number of Google searches without luck.

Guess I will toss it. Thanks again.

Now that I recall, someone had done a really crappy job of installing some halogen fog lights on the front bumper...I think this switch turned them on.

I'm thinking.... after burner.

Looks like one of those momentary push button start switches to me.

That hardly narrows it down at all! Eject, turbo and after-burner can all be run off a moment switch. I saw it on Batman's bat-car:p

Looks like one of those momentary push button start switches to me.

Seen different momentary switches used as a horn button. When I bought 68 it was only six years old and the horn wasn't working. Wish I would have known about these switches would have saved me from taking the horn button apart and actually repairing it.:rolleyes:

That's the 'engine start' button that came with the uber rare key-less start option.

I'd have loved that option but back then the key fob was so big you needed to carry it in a backpack.

Actually, nitro methane...

Chances are eject would achieve the same amount of boost...but only rare use. Not worth the wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom