Hawk Pride- NOW Sept 21-24 Due to Irma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so this pic sucks!! If it soaks HP on Tuesday then has a clear forecast after do we still go?

Assuming we're not all diggin out way next week of course..

215356_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Last edited:
I say wait til Monday or Tuesday to decide, there are other tracks showing it farther east.

Where does the European model show it? They seem to have a better handle on tracking them. And like Roger said, may be a mid week call.

:doh:

at201711_model.gif

Not a ton of rain forecast yet though. Like everyone else has said, we're not going to know until mid-next week what it's going to do.

upload_2017-9-8_7-45-8.png

And finally, if you want to see a real forecast :smokin::

Trying to stay optimistic but the spaghetti tracks are getting narrower and aimed at TN also most of the weather guessers have put rain in the forecast for Tuesday-Thursday for TN and AL
Hope they are wrong.

If that's how it plays out the rest of this conversation is easy.

For that matter I like Tony's forecast much better, 2 tornadoes and one major hurricane. I mean seriously, you can park a coffee cup on top of that thing.

I'm out. Was planning to go, weather permitting, but the Tacoma is sidelined with a cracked radiator.

It''s RockAuto.com to the rescue. But not in time for HP.

you're likely not going to be alone on that decision. Still too early to call it but I think the handwriting is on the wall.

Its looking like the worst will be over by mid day Tuesday. Hawk Pride dries pretty fast,a lot faster than Golden or AOP. Roger and I were there a few years ago and it rain several inches on Thrusday by Saturday it was back to normal. BTW im in unless you change the date :(

As of 5 Pm The guessers say the storm will be over HP at 2 pm Tuesday. So a couple days to dry out, we could be OK. However, the projected track seems to change a couple times a day.

I'm liking what you guys are saying. It seems the rain forecast has been pretty consistent at 1-2 inches. If it dries out quickly, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Assuming you guys are still up for it I'm still in. Haven't yet figured out whether or not HP is going to let us camp there Thursday night, I've received conflicting messages.

I'm in, planning to arrive Thursday afternoon let me know if that will work.

I am out for this weekend, our schools have been out the past 2 days (possibly tomorrow because of some many power outages and trees down) and I can't justify taking Friday off...

I'm in, planning to arrive Thursday afternoon let me know if that will work.

we need to confirm they will let us camp Thursday night. At first they did, then 2 days later they rescinded the offer. Have not tried back since due to the unknowns.

worst case is a hotel or there is an RV park down the road. I'd pitch in for that, just need a place to throw down an air mattress.

Nick--is there an unlike button? Not your fault they closed school for 2 days.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I'm in unless they don't get the power turned on at our house before the planned Thursday departure.

On the upside, it looks like they've only logged ~ 3/4 inch in Florence with not a lot of additional rain forecast.

IMG_2239[1].JPG

If they won't let us camp at Hawk Pride on Thursday night, I may try to find a spot in the Bankhead National Forest. They do have RV campgrounds (Bankhead National Forest Campgrounds), but I may just try to find a spot on a FS road and sleep in the truck. Who knows how feasible that will be with a trailer in tow, but it's cheaper than a motel.

If they won't let us camp at Hawk Pride on Thursday night, I may try to find a spot in the Bankhead National Forest. They do have RV campgrounds (Bankhead National Forest Campgrounds), but I may just try to find a spot on a FS road and sleep in the truck. Who knows how feasible that will be with a trailer in tow, but it's cheaper than a motel.

this is what I found, $25 a night and just down the road. http://tuscumbiapark.com/

If it's not a long drive for y'all why not just leave early Friday morning?

You know either way you go you won't get on the trail til 9 or 10 Friday anyway. :rofl:

UPDATE:

Based on last night's correspondence, the trip has been delayed one week. The ride will still be held at Hawks Pride but has been moved to Sept. 21-24. My plan is to arrive Thursday evening (9/21).

If we would like to arrange Thursday night camping at Hawks Pride, we will need to check with the gate keeper, who said that it can be arranged but we'll need a somewhat solid ETA plan.

It appears that at least the following group will be present: @TeddyBoy, @FJCRAWLER, John, Randy, ???

Unknowns: @AuburnFJsexy, @DSLTOY, @radioridge, Sidney.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom