The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:rolleyes: Ahhhhh...the old "oops mileage discrepancy that (excuse here)..."

What a jack...

That fool will own that 80 for a long time if he/she thinks it's worth anything near the asking price.

What a jack...

Think is where CarFax really helps the buyer. Few years ago a 82 FJ40 sold for less then some inferior 40s. Talking with the seller he said it had been in a accident years ago. Pre 8/80 and the seventeen digit VIN a vehicle could have been totaled, rebuilt using a bunch a parts from different years. Find a state that doesn't issue salvage titles and you now have a clean title with no easy traceable history.

What a jack...

I remember one of those when on a 4runner hunt, super clean rig that I drove all the way to Glendale to check out.:slap:

seems way cheap and too shiny from the online pic. Who bought it? That pic is not from Az with that vegetation in the back ground.

My dad sent this picture from the casa grande classifieds.
Figured I'd pass it along.
View attachment 1524068

21166-jpeg.1524068

seems way cheap and too shiny from the online pic. Who bought it? That pic is not from Az with that vegetation in the back ground.

21166-jpeg.1524068

Pretty sure it's a scam I called and got a text yesterday if 'I'm in the hospital contact my aunt at email'

what a thorough scam artist, posting up in small town paper.
who'd a known.

I'll give him a call when my euro lottery winnings show up in my bank account I gave all my info for......:shifty:

Pretty sure it's a scam I called and got a text yesterday if 'I'm in the hospital contact my aunt at email'
Me too lol

*********** the response on the land cruiser, per the hospital text - reach out, sent via email, form a widowed, army medic in North Dakota who doesn't like to pay storage fees and has a special line to the ebay car selling, logistics division, who will be leaving the country soon, but allow a test period of said vehicle! Sadly, i'm not able to complete this great opportunity due to the email being received on a Thursday, during the second week of September, in the morning. Otherwise it'd be mine, all mine!

My name is Donna, My 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser is still for sale. It has 90,371 miles miles and automatic transmission. This truck was garage kept all the time when was not in use, tires and wheels are at 80% which means you won't have to worry about that, never had any mechanical or electrical problem with it also never needed any paint or body work. It has all highway miles. I have an clean title in hand with no liens or loans on it on my name. This truck was used by my husband who died 4 month ago.
The price was reduced at $2,500 because I'm in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell the truck before the 9th of this month, when I will be leaving on military duty with my medical team out of the country for a year and do not want to store my truck. Hate to sell it but its not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for a year.
My Toyota right now is located at our military base in Cavalier, ND, stored with all the papers and is ready to be shipped.
As I've told you, I'm in the army with my military medical team and right now I am in a military base. We are training, getting ready for leaving the country. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay services so my presence isn't necessary. The delivery process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and reg. You will have 5 days to test and inspect the truck prior to make any purchase. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal.
If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can get the ball rolling.
To support my argument regarding the condition of the Land Cruiser, I've attached more pictures to this email.
Have a great day,
SGT. Donna Carter

*********** the response on the land cruiser, per the hospital text - reach out, sent via email, form a widowed, army medic in North Dakota who doesn't like to pay storage fees and has a special line to the ebay car selling, logistics division, who will be leaving the country soon, but allow a test period of said vehicle! Sadly, i'm not able to complete this great opportunity due to the email being received on a Thursday, during the second week of September, in the morning. Otherwise it'd be mine, all mine!

My name is Donna, My 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser is still for sale. It has 90,371 miles miles and automatic transmission. This truck was garage kept all the time when was not in use, tires and wheels are at 80% which means you won't have to worry about that, never had any mechanical or electrical problem with it also never needed any paint or body work. It has all highway miles. I have an clean title in hand with no liens or loans on it on my name. This truck was used by my husband who died 4 month ago.
The price was reduced at $2,500 because I'm in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell the truck before the 9th of this month, when I will be leaving on military duty with my medical team out of the country for a year and do not want to store my truck. Hate to sell it but its not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for a year.
My Toyota right now is located at our military base in Cavalier, ND, stored with all the papers and is ready to be shipped.
As I've told you, I'm in the army with my military medical team and right now I am in a military base. We are training, getting ready for leaving the country. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay services so my presence isn't necessary. The delivery process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and reg. You will have 5 days to test and inspect the truck prior to make any purchase. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal.
If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can get the ball rolling.
To support my argument regarding the condition of the Land Cruiser, I've attached more pictures to this email.
Have a great day,
SGT. Donna Carter

Sound like everything checks out:rolleyes:

Sound like everything checks out:rolleyes:

Everyone knows if you are faced with a tight deadline and absolutely need to get something sold ASAP you must Put it up for sale in a rural town 2000 miles away in a local print ad with instructions to call your nephew who is in a hospital and can't talk to anyone.

Deal if your looking for this type of vehicle. Bet he has a lot more into it than $25K. Personally for my use would prefer it in stock form. Could use the seating hauling grandkids around the forest. Which bring up the question where do the eleven people sit in this one. Ad clearly states it's a eleven seat vehicle. No mention if the original seats are even still around.:hmm:

Deal if your looking for this type of vehicle. Bet he has a lot more into it than $25K. Personally for my use would prefer it in stock form. Could use the seating hauling grandkids around the forest. Which bring up the question where do the eleven people sit in this one. Ad clearly states it's a eleven seat vehicle. No mention if the original seats are even still around.:hmm:

it does have a roof rack

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom