What's more capable a TRD Pro 4Runner or a built 100 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Threads
What would you say is more capable offroad, a built (triple locked, full armor, tires, small lift) 100 Series or a TRD Pro 4Runner? Curious at the responses.

Parked my stock 07 LX next to a new 4Runner TRD Pro that had bigger than stock KO2s, an obvious 3-4" lift kit, sliders, and a metal insert in the center of front bumper that houses a winch. Definitely looked intimidating next to a stock 100.

100. LC/LXs are a different species of animal. And twice the price for a reason.

100. LC/LXs are a different species of animal. And twice the price for a reason.
I hear this all the time, but why is that?

Definitely motivates me to mod the LX now.

Already got a few parts on order. Not gonna keep that thing stock. Too many upgrades out there for these things to drive it stock.

Both being great rigs, I think I would lean to toward the 100 Series. For the price of a new TRD Pro 4Runner you could buy a good used 100 Series, and build it with all the goodies and still have money left over compared to the 4Runner. Just my $0.02.

100s and 80s are just so overbuilt originally, (for purposes other than cruising the US), they're heavier, more reliable, more durable, safer and like Rotorhead said which to me is the best thing about 100s....you can buy a used one with 200K miles for a very good affordable price and realistically depend on it to get you there and back....unlike you can depend on anything else. IMO

LC has that legendary status, i admit i bought mine after hearing that this vehicle was over engineered and has a 25 year minimum service life in harshest of conditions. Curious to see how long I can mall crawl with it.

The TRD Pro suspension is way overrated and over-hyped. Sure it's a good setup, but not great by any means. Why do you think you see so many people yanking it all out and replacing it with a full Icon suspension system? Not worth it for the extra badges, grill, and skid plate IMHO. I'd pick a 100 over a new TRD Pro 4Runner any day

IMO new 4 runners are already woefully underpowered. Adding weight only adds to that issue. 100 all day.
If you put it like that, the 100 is also underpowered. Adding weight blah blah blah. 200 all day, if budget allows lol

We bought our LC for a reason, i'm sure if you asked this in the 4runner forum, the answers you get will be the exact opposite.

We bought our LC for a reason, i'm sure if you asked this in the 4runner forum, the answers you get will be the exact opposite.
Yeah well the 4runner guys are wrong, lol

What would you say is more capable offroad, a built (triple locked, full armor, tires, small lift) 100 Series or a TRD Pro 4Runner? Curious at the responses.

Parked my stock 07 LX next to a new 4Runner TRD Pro that had bigger than stock KO2s, an obvious 3-4" lift kit, sliders, and a metal insert in the center of front bumper that houses a winch. Definitely looked intimidating next to a stock 100.
All that and no pictures???

OP was asking 100 to 4 runner........
Yeah, we all know 200 has more power, blah blah blah. Not really interested in those trucks. Have a customer with one and it just does not appeal to me (too new school/too much tech I don't care for or need).

Totally depends on driver.....

Yeah, we all know 200 has more power, blah blah blah. Not really interested in those trucks. Have a customer with one and it just does not appeal to me (too new school/too much tech I don't care for or need).

lol he's asking about a 100, and this is the 100 forum.

With that being said, id love the power plant of the 200 in a 100. That torque and pep is amazing, I don't mind the gizmo as I'm used to my German cars. What I don't like is the looks, and the size, it's too big. The 100 is the best looking cruiser IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom