Slinky Long Travel Stage 4 question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doesn't look like much for $4,750.
Just my opinion.
Check out the Dobinsons 3" w/their MRR shocks. It will be real similar to that kit performance wise, at least on paper, but for ~$2,200. That'll be the route I go.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like much for $4,750.
Just my opinion.
Check out the Dobinsons 3" w/their MRR shocks. It will be real similar to that kit performance wise, at least on paper, but for ~$2,200. That'll be the route I go.
I never judge on looks, only performance. Slinky has proven to have the best ride for any overlander who also want superior flex.

Just my opinion I would spend 5 grand somewhere else, you could do slee shocks and springs , or slee shocks with Dobinson , my 2.5 shocks and j springs seems to work good for me and my girlfriend who has her back fused noticed quite difference with these shocks. Radflos and kings both make nice shocks too. I will prob try Dobinson springs next

Will make your 80 into a full grown RZR is the biggest comments put forward on the stage 4 kits in an 80.

There is not a longer travelling bolt in better riding package you could install, because we would be selling it if there was.

@Box Rocket has just done a write up on his truck after we did stage 4 in it for the South West 4xoverland adventure 2017 earlier this year.

@RLMS Justin couldn't believe the difference from what he was using before he fitted up the stage 4 into his FJ Ute.

@woody has the stage 4 in his 80 as well for afew years now, and our heavy duty rear sway bar.

I do enjoy taking people for a spin in SNOWY too, when over there, for a heavy 80, the dash passenger side handle gets a workout.

You will also gain alot more wheel travel along with the better ride, cdc adjustment and built in hydro bump zone, and proper tapered wire coils from the package as well.

Sure you could spend less, like buying an 80 without lockers, or go the 60 to save some even, but get leaves instead of coils.

Its all relative.

21271056_1276955349080377_3776797608020204286_n.jpg

19553871_1561917110487041_5884233565632407550_n.jpg

wow. this is more feedback than what I bargained for and both sides have logical arguments. thank you all for chiming in.

So if I end up doing this, is the link I mentioned above is where I can buy the stage 4 from? how much lift will that give me? 3-4"? do I need to change my control arms? Do they have a distributor here on the forum?

Our new dealer is also now a vendor here on mud, and the contact details from the webpage and social media also come as a copy to me to make sure we can get the right information out in a timely manner.

I would be happy to discuss further with you by P.M if you had more questions as well make sure the new dealer set up is up to speed and we can get you sorted.

4XOVERLANDUSA.COM experience.

Endless Horizon Outfitters

4xoverlandusa.com

I've had the Stage 4 plus heavy duty sway bar for a few years now.

Its with doubt, the best thing I have ever done to my cruiser, amd I've done lots.

I tried 9 other set ups, at a cost of over $7000 so if I went the stage 4 straight up, it would have saved me a fortune.
I looked at other kits and thought 'that will do' only to realise it was a mistake, sell that kit on ebay/facebook and buy another. Repeat.

The forgivness at crawling speeds, plus the control at desert racing speeds is out of this world, all in one package.

If you buy it and dont think its worth it, you are not human. ;)

@AutoCraft Aus Do you have a front arm upgrade similar to the SuperFlex arms? I seem to remember you saying you where working on something in the looong thread.

Will the new vendors also sell the other products you have recommended with the Slinky kit like sway bars, offset knuckle bearings, and brakes?

I really appreciate you pushing the envelope of performance on a 20+ year old platform (although I guess 105 is the same underneath so only 10 years down under).

Correct, everything we do to set Cruisers up in all models we do will be available from EHO.

We have been working on arm option, using genuine bushes, but not with any funky bush locations and half brackets to look for any more flex, as the standard bushes will use all 12" of shock stroke in the front, as the images I shared above in this thread show, without the "unusual" driving experience of some arms.

We are adding more products every week as we get Kevin up to speed, and we have an order about to leave here on the way to EHO, which we can add to if required as well if something required isnt already in the stock order.

Our new dealer is also now a vendor here on mud, and the contact details from the webpage and social media also come as a copy to me to make sure we can get the right information out in a timely manner.

I would be happy to discuss further with you by P.M if you had more questions as well make sure the new dealer set up is up to speed and we can get you sorted.

4XOVERLANDUSA.COM experience.

Endless Horizon Outfitters

4xoverlandusa.com
Might want to inform them what their website shows under 1990-97 FJ80 suspension page:
Suspension

Might want to inform them what their website shows under 1990-97 FJ80 suspension page:
Suspension

Yes that site will be started on next few weeks, and in the links is the site with all the slinky details and products we have just gone live and testing.

4xOverlandUSA.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom