YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just ordered a orange one and my key is a t style. Let me know when you'll be able to send it out! Thanks, Scott Shelley

Sweet, gotcha covered. Yours may be a little later than the rest since your order is so new. I need to wait for more plastics to arrive. Should be less than 10 days out though!

My key base is encased in the OEM plastic shell so I have no idea how to identify which style I have. Will I need to break it out of the shell?

View attachment 1529602

Yes, you'll need to crack that baby out of the plastic to ID the blade style. They both look the same in the plastic.

-Andy

I'll post this up for other people who run into this same issue. But in order to see what key base you have you must crack it out of the OEM shell (at least in my case I had to). Unfortunately, this is my last functioning key for my truck so I cannot risk cracking it out of the shell and then going without a key until the new one comes in. I don't have another car to drive in the meantime either. So I found out if you get a small flathead screwdriver (or X-Acto knife or any blade) you can chisel away at the plastic on one side of the base of the key. If you begin to see metal that extends beyond the width of the key blade, then you have the "T" style base. If not then you have the "I" style base. See the pic below for clarification. In my case the base of the key encased in the plastic is wider than the key blade so I have the "T" style.

FullSizeRender.jpg-1.jpeg

BWAHA!
The first kit is in my hands and it looks great guys...
20170901_171533.jpg

My key base is encased in the OEM plastic shell so I have no idea how to identify which style I have. Will I need to break it out of the shell?

View attachment 1529602

I had the same problem you have to break it out the the plastic to know.

IMG_0009.JPG

UPDATE! RESPONSE REQUESTED!:

There are two key blade base styles. Let's call them "T-Base" and "I-Base". See pictures below. Pending which style you have, I can ship your fob out either tomorrow/Monday or late next week.

PLEASE PM ME YOUR NAME AND KEY BASE STYLE!

Thanks for your collective patience as I get all these inventory details sorted out! After next week your base style won't matter as I'll ship parts for both styles with every fob. If you end up needing the extra parts for the other style I will ship those free of charge as needed, so no worries if you get your style wrong.

View attachment 1529469
Man, I can't break my key in order to tell you which key type it is - I drive my truck every day. If breaking it is the only option then I'm going to need a refund.

Man, I can't break my key in order to tell you which key type it is - I drive my truck every day. If breaking it is the only option then I'm going to need a refund.

You don't need to break your key before I ship the part, it just means I can't ship it early because you may need the small pins that haven't arrived yet. You will need to break it eventually though... you have to get that blade out to re-use it! I'd always recommend having a second key though, so check out the super cheap ones on Amazon and maybe just plan on breaking one of those - they should crack right open!

Refund is always an option, too, just let me know! Wait to see the install video though. That may help clear things up. I hope to get that up tonight.

Okay, sorry, I thought before you shipped we had to know. I'm willing to wait, thank you!

Okay, sorry, I thought before you shipped we had to know. I'm willing to wait, thank you!
If you use the method I posted above to find out which style base you have then you won't have to break the shell. Mine functions just fine now that I put it all back together.

If you use the method I posted above to find out which style base you have then you won't have to break the shell. Mine functions just fine now that I put it all back together.
That worked great, thanks!

Do I need to break my Lexus key out also? I already placed my order, it is a 1999 LX470.

Thank you again and very excited but patient. I really appreciate your time and R&D to bring us this product.

Mark

I Ordered one in black- can you send it with SS hardware instead of the black oxide?

Do I need to break my Lexus key out also? I already placed my order, it is a 1999 LX470.

Thank you again and very excited but patient. I really appreciate your time and R&D to bring us this product.

Mark

Mark,

You only need to break the key out if you want a shot at receiving yours a little early. I have to wait on some pins that are needed with the "I" style. I expect those parts in late next week. Until then, the "I" style blade customers will have to hold tight.

I Ordered one in black- can you send it with SS hardware instead of the black oxide?

All orders ship with both SS and black oxide screws so it's up to you which to use! :)

Mark,

You only need to break the key out if you want a shot at receiving yours a little early. I have to wait on some pins that are needed with the "I" style. I expect those parts in late next week. Until then, the "I" style blade customers will have to hold tight.

All orders ship with both SS and black oxide screws so it's up to you which to use! :)

I have the T type key, so this should ship sooner?

I have the T type key, so this should ship sooner?
Since your order is so new it shouldn't make a difference for you. Yours is probably 10-14 days out.

Eventually this initial backlog will be zero and orders will ship within days. Eventually.... ;)

Thanks for the responses thus far everyone. 17 out of 21 people responded with T style, two didn't know and two verified they had the I style. Another 80+ people haven't responded.

If you receive your kit and realize you have the "I" style key, but didn't receive the needed pins, just send me a message and I'll get the pins out to you - free of charge of course.

Start posting up if you've got yours installed and working!

Just purchased/Paypaled for a black.

PayPal from janaewerner at yahoo

I need one for the "T" style.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom