What are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Funny how things work out. I used to get aggravated/upset if there wasn't something German in my bays at work. As of late this situation is more common than not, and I'm totally fine with that.

IMG_8332.JPG

Replacing the blown radiator in the LX450

... and searching for the massive oil leak as well :mad:

Cleaning out the sludge/rust fest in the cooling system of the Cruiser I picked up to turn into a wheeler

Priority is also getting the new Cruiser PA inspection ready. Fixed the hood and hood latch, had a new windshield installed, plumbed the lines and drilled holes in the hood for sprayer nozzles (waiting on factory nozzles, do NOT buy the ebay ones).

Need to figure out Airbag code 31, cruise control code 14 and a constant on ABS light. Jumper gave me no ABS code, but the light is on. Finally, need to bondo over and smooth out the holes from the fender flares.

Need to figure out Airbag code 31, cruise control code 14 and a constant on ABS light. Jumper gave me no ABS code, but the light is on. Finally, need to bondo over and smooth out the holes from the fender flares.
got a android phone? Check out the app torque, and get the obd2 transmitter

got a android phone? Check out the app torque, and get the obd2 transmitter

Forgot to mention the OBD port is dead as well on the Cruiser. This may require some professional help. I've checked all the fuses and such and they all seem fine. Maybe one of the large amp fuses is cooked and all this stuff is on the same fuse? Have a new fuseible link to install, but when I tried to remove the old one the battery cable mount began to shear off, so I need to be prepared to replace the entire piece before trying again.

Anyone know off hand what all the fusible links control? The truck starts and runs just fine and everything seems to have power, doors, windows, sunroof, radio, lighter socket ... just no OBD port and the ABS and Airbag lights on. I have a scan tool, but it doesn't power up at all when I plug it in.

Man, that is NASTY!

Enjoy your trip Crusha !!

The pics of the sludge are from the new Cruiser, how it was running without overheating is a mystery to me. I drove it 7 hours straight back from North Carolina like that!!

Radiator swap was going to be quick on the LX, but saw all that oil and am now thinking about really tearing into it and doing a solid rebuild, just need to have the Cruiser available for the winter first.

Put fresh rubber on the 40.
The 33x9.50s reached the end of the road.
I put off the 33x10.50s long enough because i didnt like the KO2s.....turns out i kinda like them.

20171022_113827.jpg

i honestly thought i would too, but i really don't at this point.
2 years ago i found a set of the old style ATs in 33x10.5 for the 60....and that likes the 10.5s much better than the 9.50s.
this weekend has me thinking that the 40 is better with them as well. the steering is noticeably lighter with the slightly wider tire as well, which i can't quite explain.

pile2.jpg

The wiring is a bit more complicated with a 24v vehicle!

One 24v panel, 4 relays, two 24-12v step down converters and a two-input 12v panel.

Hopefully everything will work when this is all finished!

IMG_4649.JPG

Put fresh rubber on the 40.
The 33x9.50s reached the end of the road.
I put off the 33x10.50s long enough because i didnt like the KO2s.....turns out i kinda like them.

View attachment 1559560

Dare I say it?

Okay, that's a sexy ass wheel!

Been working to clean out my garage the past few days. It was pretty bad after finishing the rebuild of my rear axle.

I've had my bolts in old coffee cans forever and decided to upgrade yesterday. Got this from Harbor Freight. It is a little cheesy and BARELY does the job but I think it'll work ok.

20171023_214646.jpg

Soon time to take more bolts to be plated. My supply of pretty Toyota bolts is running low!

Keeping an eye out for a nice work bench table if anyone has a lead.

Been working to clean out my garage the past few days. It was pretty bad after finishing

I have a solid wood door that would work good for a top. You would have to come up with some legs.
But I'm also 4 hours away.

Reactions: caz
Been working to clean out my garage the past few days. It was pretty bad after finishing the rebuild of my rear axle.

I've had my bolts in old coffee cans forever and decided to upgrade yesterday. Got this from Harbor Freight. It is a little cheesy and BARELY does the job but I think it'll work ok.

View attachment 1560919

Soon time to take more bolts to be plated. My supply of pretty Toyota bolts is running low!

I get parts bins and work benches all the time. Let me know.

I’ve got some more of these table legs - selling for $45 per pair - $70 ($35 each set) for two pair. Also, a picture of a worktable I put together with them.

00DeskLegs001.jpg
Work Tables 003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom