275/70R18 in spare tire location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at getting some 275/70R18 duratracs for my 04 and was wondering if the spare will fit in the factory spare tire location?

yes

HOw about a 285/ 70 R 18? I need to get this in the spare location? Could I deflate it? I have arb compressor.

Not sure what factory hitch you have but my "factory" (port installed) hitch/receiver did not interfere with 275-70/18 KO2

slee rear bumper with integrated hitch.

Not sure what factory hitch you have but my "factory" (port installed) hitch/receiver did not interfere with 275-70/18 KO2

I've got the one that integrates into the rear bumper. When you put a bike rack or ball/stinger into the receiver, the stinger or rack protrudes into the space that the larger 275/70r18 wants to take up.

I can make it work, but it's not especially easy or straight forward. With bike racks, I've had to cut of the portion that would go more than about 1" past the retaining pin. With a solid receiver for a 2.5" ball, cutting is not an (easy) option.

I see now- you have the hitch that bolts to the cross member where the receiver goes through the cross member

I took the tire carrier off the slee bumper and I want to fit my spare in the stock location. My concern now is the exhaust. Not exactly street legal. ;<)

I've got the one that integrates into the rear bumper. When you put a bike rack or ball/stinger into the receiver, the stinger or rack protrudes into the space that the larger 275/70r18 wants to take up.

I have the same problem. Haven't got around to cutting the stinger yet...

My 285/70/17 KO2 fit w/ no issue, but I havn't slipped a hitch into the receiver yet. When i winched the tire up, there was plenty of gap though, I'll see if I can test fit it and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom