Deleting Catalytic Converters 1994 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to do some sliders over the next month, instead of doing extra catalytic converter protection I'm thinking of just deleting them.

Since I have a 1994 and the O2 sensor is before the cats will I throw any codes deleting them and just running two pipes through?

Wyoming doesn't require emissions testing so it doesn't matter if it won't pass a sniffer.

For those of you that have deleted the cats on these did it make the exhaust note much louder or change it significantly?

I removed both cats on my LX450. No codes after that but after I ran this set up for around 300 miles I decided to go back to put just one cat because I did not like the way it sounded with both cats removed.

I removed both cats on my LX450. No codes after that but after I ran this set up for around 300 miles I decided to go back to put just one cat because I did not like the way it sounded with both cats removed.
What exactly didn't you like about the sound? I'm contemplating deleting both cats and the resonator but leaving the stock muffler or running one hi flow cat and deleting resonator.

I had a walker oem replacement muffler and stock resonator with no cats and it sounded fine, not loud at all.

I had a walker oem replacement muffler and stock resonator with no cats and it sounded fine, not loud at all.

OK Thanks, Think I'm going to just delete the cats and then decide on chopping the resonator in the future.

they use mirrors to check for your cats here in MD :(

A cat test pipe would work. An exhaust shop cannot legally make you something to delete your cats as it violates federal law. But they could make you a cat test piper.

I have 94 both cats gone going on 7 years and no resonator either. To me it sounds more like a ricer when I. High rpms in low on the trail. Whenever I do new exhaust I will prob do the magnaflow y pipe to cat. No codes as long as you leave your o2s plugged in. If you try get rid of them will throw codes and run like s*** more then likely since ecm relies on them for air fuel mixture along with tps and afm. If you want to go further here is what I did. No egr, no pair system, moved o2s into the exhaust manifold where the pair was. If you get rid d of the pair system you can now also run the heater return line from 95 obd2 and up and get rid of the extra coolant hose ours have. No vacuum lines at all on the truck except two. No vsv switches under manifold. One vacuum line to the fps and one for the tps billows. Charcoal canister vents to atmosphere thru and under driver side fender where the Toyota ones bottom line would vent. I have the auto zone vc 120 canister. If you want some pics let me know. Egr temp sensor on the engine wire side needs a jumper so you don't throw code 71. I have no codes from doing any of this

Last edited:
I deleted one of my cats, went with the magnaflow y-pipe, no name exhaust, and stock resonator and it sounds very nice. Not loud, but a noticeably lower/throatier sound. It's different, but not necessarily louder or annoying around town or on the highway.

Anyone know where to get those specific flanges? I've seen some similar, but I'm not sure they're the same. The guy before me did the magnaflow front one, but didn't bother with the second and I really don't want to buy one of I'm going to swap the engine and re-do everything anyways.

I went with a system from Australia and it works great seems a bit louder without the cats and resonator, it had a resonator until I went to install the slee rear bumper and so had to have it cut off and new mounting added in back. I did have to add back the second O2 sensor to get rid of the check engine light and it runs fine, need to work on deleting all the unnecessary stuff still.

I have 94 both cats gone going on 7 years and no resonator either. To me it sounds more like a ricer when I. High rpms in low on the trail. Whenever I do new exhaust I will prob do the magnaflow y pipe to cat. No codes as long as you leave your o2s plugged in. If you try get rid of them will throw codes and run like s*** more then likely since ecm relies on them for air fuel mixture along with tps and afm. If you want to go further here is what I did. No egr, no pair system, moved o2s into the headers where the pair was. If you get rid d of the pair system you can now also run the heater return line from 95 obd2 and up and get rid of the extra coolant hose ours have. No vacuum lines at all on the truck except one or vsv valves under manifold. One vacuum line to the fps and that's it. Charcoal canister vents to atmosphere thru and under driver side fender where the Toyota ones bottom line would vent. I have the auto zone vc 120 canister. If you want some pics let me know. Egr temp sensor on the engine wire side needs a jumper so you don't throw code 71. I have no codes from doing any of this
Awesome, any improvement in performance from all that? Can you post a video if you hahe one? Thanks

Awesome, any improvement in performance from all that? Can you post a video if you hahe one? Thanks
Super smooth idle no noticeable power increase, smooth pedal thru all speeds, I get 14 mpg to high 14s with 37s 5.29s and armor and winch but I got the increase from bout 10ish or so but also changed out 20 year old o2s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom