Hawk Pride- NOW Sept 21-24 Due to Irma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
Hawk Pride is a great park, little something for everyone. Has cabins, camping and showers/bathrooms. Wheeling is top notch, one of the best parks in the southeast.

a little inspiration from last ride...

20160924_234204 (2017_03_07 13_55_08 UTC).jpg
IMG_4136 (2017_03_07 13_55_08 UTC).JPG
20160923_213445 (2017_03_07 13_55_08 UTC).jpg
20160924_200314 (2017_03_07 13_55_08 UTC).jpg

I was thinking about Dixie Run but this look like more fun than dealing with 300 trucks at GM.

I was thinking about Dixie Run but this look like more fun than dealing with 300 trucks at GM.

Obviously you know already but Doxie Run is the following weekend so you could do both. But yeah, too many rigs for my taste. Round up the rest of your TN goobers and bring em along.

slight change in plans. Hawk Pride is not open on Thursday so we'll need a place to crash Thursday night or leave Friday morning. Personally I'm leaving Thursday and I know John and Randy are getting a hotel room in Tuscumbia for Thursday night so we can wheel all day Friday and Saturday.

EDIT: After trading messages with the park they will allow us to camp Thursday night. I did not ask about the cabin(s) or RV spots but I suspect an RV will not be an issue.

Last edited:
Damn, I'm getting excited about this trip. Looking forward to wheelin' again. Who's going to make the ditch their bitch this year?

:beer::beer::beer:

Damn, I'm getting excited about this trip. Looking forward to wheelin' again. Who's going to make the ditch their bitch this year?

:beer::beer::beer:

Is that the same mouth you kiss your wife with?

Besides you're @TeddyBoy's bitch so you will have to ask him before you make something your bitch. :rofl: :moon:

Besides you're @TeddyBoy's bitch so you will have to ask him before you make something your bitch. :rofl: :moon:

It was actually my fingers, but I'm going to resist the urge to go any further with that.

Still trying to keep some resemblance of straight sheet metal and I don't want the ditch to steal @TeddyBoy 's claim.

It was actually my fingers, but I'm going to resist the urge to go any further with that.

Still trying to keep some resemblance of straight sheet metal and I don't want the ditch to steal @TeddyBoy 's claim.

The ditch is my bitch so might as well make Tony my bitch too.

Im going up the ditch in a tricycle this time, gotta be the easiest trail out there. Hell, maybe even @tgreco can even make it.

Erin and I are talking about coming down for this one. Have no idea what we will be in. I'd like to make this a test run to tow the 80 with Bumble, but if not we may just bring the GX and test out the new RTT.

No need this trip, there will be a 7 yr old in the mix, but I will let you know when to have fresh batteries and the Wi-Fi extender ready.

Just thinking out loud here but Hurricane Irma could rain us out if it goes where they are thinking. You guys wanna make a Plan B just in case?

HURRICANE IRMA

120644_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

If she comes our way I am good for following week end, would not want to move any later, want some recovery/ repair time if needed before the Crawl.

If this ride gets changed Sam and I will be forced to go to my inlaws for the weekend :bang::bang: and NO ONE wants that to happen, lets hope Irma changes direction

It's suppose to make a hard right turn when it gets to Florida. But only one knows where he wants it to go.

Not sure what plan B will be but I should be cool with it. Unless Irma jumps a few states and hits Tennessee.

It's suppose to make a hard right turn when it gets to Florida. But only one knows where he wants it to go.

Not sure what plan B will be but I should be cool with it. Unless Irma jumps a few states and hits Tennessee.

Considering Irma is the size of Ohio (not including the outer bands of rain) If it turns up the west coast we're gonna get rained out, that will put it on a track to hit the panhandle /south AL around Monday or Tuesday and then the northern part of AL, GA and East TN on Wednesday.

If it goes out or up the east coast, we might be ok.

We'll know in a few days i suppose. The following weekend works for me too, haven't spoken to john or randy.

euro-sep5.png

Last edited:
It's looking like she's going to ride the east coast, which should be good for us. With that said, I should be good for either weekend if it does push a bunch of rain into northern AL. From riding those trails once, I think it would be a tough park to ride after a bunch of rain.

storm_11%2B%25282%2529.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom