Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I initially thought it was the springs being swapped, so I switched them and the problem was still there. I think its a combo of bring rhd, the spare tire carrier being on the rh side, the turbo and exhaust, steering box all bring on that side. So I'm going to grab a 1'' spacer and throw it in to compensate. though a large counterweight would be a good time i prefer the spacer haha.

Does anyone know any mechanics in the west suburbs that do side jobs for cash. There are some things i will tackle and some things left to the pros. I have a guy but he is over by horsham and getting there and back is a pain

Me, depending on the job. I mostly run the work through the shop though. Link to the shop is in my sig, Tommys Automotive located in west chester. Both @Crusha and @fireball have had their rigs in here for service. Shoot me a PM and I can get you a quote.

Hello... my name is Steve (the123super). I'm in Newtown Square, Chester County. I drive a '12 4Runner Trail that I brought up to Rausch Creek with 124 miles on it, now over 100K. My DD is a 2013 Ford F-150.

But the reason I'm here... have a 74FJ40, not currently running. Major project I need your collective help with. Had it down in MD at a specialized Toyota one man shop for resto. He's run into health problems and now I'm left with it completely disassembled and many parts/boxes to figure it all out!

IMG_7570.JPG

IMG_8314.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

You could have just dropped it off at my house and been done with it!!

You have come to the right place. These guys will point you into the right direction.

Ha! First things first I have to trailer back to PA, inventory where we are and go from there. Basically starting with a rolling chassis. Already rebuilt the 2F and trans to Toyota factory specs.

Gene the noob here. New to the thread and new to 4 wheeling and recent active contributor to this site. I am however a long time admirer and owner of the former family wagon now my toy. Its a fairly stock 2004 Series 100.

tlc_2-L.jpg

Anyone going to overland rally in Huntingdon PA this weekend? I will either take the truck or be on my KTM 1190R.

Welcome Gene. I think @fireball is going to MAOF. I had really considered it as it's very close to me but the club is heading out wheeling this weekend and decided to go that route instead. Let us know how it goes. It really like to get some feedback from folks that have gone.

Welcome Gene, I'm interested in your take on the festival. My wife and I took our 100 Series up to the MAOF on Friday morning and camped straight up the draw from the vendors. We were in the bright green Nemo tent to the left of everyone else if you wandered over that way. Got the tent up in time to beat the rain on Friday.

I hadn't been to this one before and I was pleasantly surprised to see what I thought to be a good turnout. Quite a display of ARB (et al) awnings and rooftop tents of various manufacturers. We enjoyed the ARB happy hour and examining some of their gear. The a/v presentation on the couple who "drove" the Jeep through the Darien Gap was an extraordinary example of "I'm gonna do it or die trying". That guy has some serious cojones! I was the guy who won the nice cooking set in the raffle before the presentation :)

There were trail rides on Friday and Saturday which we didn't make. We were using the MAOF as an excuse to get out, camp, relax and see some cool gear in person. Just walking around the camp and seeing what other people were using was worth it. Met some nice folks and got a few good tips. The setting was really beautiful but the space for "level" campsites became a little tight which is why we opted for a slightly off-camber but less crowded site.

If I were to go again next year I'd make a trail ride or two as it is a beautiful area and the wheeling must be good. For those considering it, they even had a hot shower set-up down by the vendors and a couple people we talked to said they worked very well. As for the port-o-johns........they appeared to be running very low on capacity way before the weekend was done!

All in all, it was a low-key, enjoyable event in a beautiful setting. There was a food vendor smoking some very good brisket. Equipment vendors, as I recall, were dominated by ARB along with two reps from Cascadia RTT and Frontfunner. Everyone seemed to have their act together except the knuckleheads camping in the middle who partied HARD til around 3 a.m.

Ken

Hello. My name is also Greg. I am from southeastern Buck County. I drive a 2014 Tacoma. When I originally bought it I had no intentions of going off road in it but now I am a full blow addict!

View attachment 1524286

Welcome! Glad to see another Taco in the mix. Were you out with Stair the time we were all up at AOAA - the rainy day when we were sitting under the pavilion thing waiting for a tow truck?

Welcome! Glad to see another Taco in the mix. Were you out with Stair the time we were all up at AOAA - the rainy day when we were sitting under the pavilion thing waiting for a tow truck?

I was there. It was one of you that handed us the cards. Didn't the frame or a spring perch break on that truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom