The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Too many red flags to be worth that much. Clearly a pieced together 40. 79+ the flange on the A pillars continues down thru the running boards. This one stops just under the lower door hinge. That makes the cowl a 78 or older. Missing rear corner reflectors is a sign of rust repair. Rust on the springs and driveshaft. Noticed other things as well.

Probably the Aqualu tub swap accounting for some red flags

Probably the Aqualu tub swap accounting for some red flags

Probably most the red flags. Didn't even read the discription. Won't even consider a aluminum tub in the west. I do find the routing of the exhaust over the top of the frame at the back of the engine bay interesting. Think once I get my 79 back on the road will explore that idea if stock location starts taking a beating. I bought it around 2000 and only registered one year shortly after buying it. My daughter had it for a few years and occasionally used it in the desert behind their house but they never even transfered the title so know they didn't register it. Finally closing in on my parts collecting for it.

Probably most the red flags. Didn't even read the discription. Won't even consider a aluminum tub in the west. I do find the routing of the exhaust over the top of the frame at the back of the engine bay interesting. Think once I get my 79 back on the road will explore that idea if stock location starts taking a beating. I bought it around 2000 and only registered one year shortly after buying it. My daughter had it for a few years and occasionally used it in the desert behind their house but they never even transfered the title so know they didn't register it. Finally closing in on my parts collecting for it.

I am pretty sure it's an after market tub, likely from Aquala. There's not enough pictures to say for certain, but there are several indicators that either big chunks were replaced or more likely the tub is aftermarket.

My dad sent this picture from the casa grande classifieds.
Figured I'd pass it along.
21166.jpeg

That appears to be the hardest 17,000 miles a vehicle has endured outside of the middle east. Yes, I am a bit skeptical...

NOT MINE----- BUT THE DUDE IS BUMPING FOR OFFERS..... Seems like a hell of a deal, even for a fly n drive.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/1998-toyota-land-cruiser-3500.1251026/#post-33090771

1998 Toyota Land Cruiser $3500

Hello and thanks for looking. Just picked this baby up a few weeks ago, fixed a bunch of stuff and was planning on lifting it but I found one all done so I'm going that route. So this gem is up for sale. If you're looking to impress your metro friends at starbucks, look elsewhere. If you want to build a beast or have a solid DD for cheap, here it is.
So, it's a 98 (best year) with 282k. It runs great and has the working diff lock. Drives down the road well and starts every time. Since I've gotten it I've replaced valve cover gaskets, packed passenger wheel bearings, replaced rear u joint, cleaned roof drains, replaced 3 of 4 end links and few other things.
It needs:
Shocks and tires (lift it)
Some minor body work (if you're into that)
Seats are torn up
Carpets are stained
Sunroof doesn't work
A.c. doesn't work
Steering wheel leather is torn
But hey, its a 100! Check out what people are asking for these things! I don't get it.
Looks great underneath - not like most Toyotas in new England.
Will perform any work you want (on your dime) before you pick it up. I've had many land cruisers so ask questions.
Located in northwest Connecticut.
PM me here or email at Abakulski@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Andy

http://advrider.com/index.php?attachments/0823171422a-jpg.946711/
http://advrider.com/index.php?attachments/0823171423-jpg.946712/

index.php

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

Everyday. No excuses.

Carfax comes back with an accident in 2008 :bang:

Looks good but the price is too high and saying you are getting 16 mpg on an 80??? Well, I don't know about that either.

It's CL, offer half and you're a reasonable person. ;) Mileage doubtful yes but I see claims of super great gas mileage on this forum all the time. You hit that once and I guess it's ok to claim it. Heck I eventually got 17 on a tank at one point during a stretch across the mid west, downhill, with the wind in our 80.

Carfax comes back with an accident in 2008 :bang:

Depends on the details. Maybe worth a drive. Good bargaining chip for lower price. Still looks great in pictures but doesn't hardly tell the story
I realize. Clincher is it's the greatest color 80 known to man so even if it had 2 wheels and no windows it'd be worth it! :flipoff2: :rofl:
All mute points if it's already sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom