Fallen Worrior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It is with heavy hart that I'm announcing this. Last night, soon after the storm stopped, on a lonely, dark gravel road my youngest one managed to cause what you see in the pictures. I have to admit that a sticky gas pedal ( I was skeptical first, but I was able reproduce the fault) caused her to hit the ditch you see in the pictures. She came out it ( the guy that lives there said that so far my daughter is the only person to have made it out of it without help. I'm so proud of her...:)) Any ways, her journey was stopped short by a big tree of some sort. ARB bumper did it's job and took the brunt of the hit, airbags never deployed, and my daughter and her friend are OK.

The truck on the other hand, not OK. It still starts and drives, but the radiator, fan, and the rest of the damages you see in the pictures will probably push the insurance company to declare it a complete loss. Considering the amount of money I've put in it so far, that would suck big time. If any of you have any experience on how to deal with the insurance in this type of situation, please chime in.

So, it is obvious that she wont make it to Colorado. I am still willing to make the trip, provided that someone else can drive.

IMG_20170813_103409116.jpg

IMG_20170813_104231521.jpg

IMG_20170813_115806584_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170813_104231521.jpg

IMG_20170813_115742961_HDR.jpg

Yikes! Depending on mileage and the insurer you have, it might not be totalled.

Yikes! Depending on mileage and the insurer you have, it might not be totalled.
Only 120000 miles and it still runs. No engine damage, except for the radiator leak and the fan. I have USAA, so I'm hopeful they will do right by me.

Thats good, they are much less KBB value based and price it based on comaprable local sales/auctions. My parents recently went through this with them and a car that was close to being totaled with fairly light body damage (my dad's 290K mile scion commuter) They actually asked for maintenance records as it would apparently help boost the value

Thats good, they are much less KBB value based and price it based on comaprable local sales/auctions. My parents recently went through this with them and a car that was close to being totaled with fairly light body damage (my dad's 290K mile scion commuter) They actually asked for maintenance records as it would apparently help boost the value
I'll see how it goes when I talk to them. I'm hopeful, though...I checked out some prices on line for similar vehicle, anywhere from $ 6 to 30.000.

Wow Mitch, that sucks but I'm glad your daughter is OK.

You still have 3 weeks to get it fixed or just make it drivable and fix it when you get back.

Wow Mitch, that sucks but I'm glad your daughter is OK.

You still have 3 weeks to get it fixed or just make it drivable and fix it when you get back.
I'm hopeful that will be the case. I'll will try to talk to the adjuster tomorrow and take it from there.

Did the air bags deploy?
The front passenger door hangs a bit, but nothing major. Just the fender catching it. Should be easily fixed. The rest work fine. I will definitely try to buy it back if they total it. No airbags deployed. BTW, do you still have a set of wheels (do they hold air?) I can get from you in case they don't want to sell it back to me. I have a brand new set of tires I wont let go if they take the truck.

Looking at the pic of the driver's door it looks like the frame is swayed a bit to the drivers side. It's likely pushed back on the passenger as well.
It could be. I guess my eye is not that keen as yours, as I dont really have that much experience with these issues. I hope you are wrong though....:)

That sucks Mitch. Glad your daughter is ok. Yeah, you definitely need to find a set of knock off wheels and tires to send with this if they total it. Didn't you just swap out the diff gears too?

Sorry to hear about your 80!! Glad your girl is ok that's the important part!!

That tree trunk caught between your ARB and fender may be what is causing the door to look tweaked!

If insurance does not take it hook that bumper to a tree and pull it out replace the Rad and drive it to Colorado!! Then when you get back make it a buggy!!

Or fix it.

That sucks Mitch. Glad your daughter is ok. Yeah, you definitely need to find a set of knock off wheels and tires to send with this if they total it. Didn't you just swap out the diff gears too?
Yeah, and lockers, and exhaust.....

Sorry to hear about your 80!! Glad your girl is ok that's the important part!!

That tree trunk caught between your ARB and fender may be what is causing the door to look tweaked!

If insurance does not take it hook that bumper to a tree and pull it out replace the Rad and drive it to Colorado!! Then when you get back make it a buggy!!

Or fix it.
That would be an option, after I talk with the insurance guy.

I hope they pay for the damage! You put a lot of time and money in it in the last 6 months.
USAA has always treated me good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom