Anyone have 66-74 windshield glass they can measure? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thebigredrocker

SILVER Star
Threads
Title edited 1-3-19 in hopes we can get OEM and aftermarket glass measurements.

Installing new windshield glass in my 71 40. Got weatherstrip from Cruiser Corps. Believe it's OEM. I noticed one side of the windshield seal has a deeper channel. Deeper side is 10mm, shallow side is 7mm. Would the deeper channel be best for the glass edge? The lip on my winshield frame gets narrow, less than 10mm in some areas. So I'm thinking the shallower side over the frame's metal lip.

The lock strip is sort of a tear drop shape. Would the wide part of the lock strip go in first leaving just the skinny part slightly exposed?

Anyone know of a good lock strip tool?

IMG_6199.JPG
IMG_6200.JPG

Last edited:
can't remember which groove for the glass, but a popsicle stick is a good tool for the key strip. Just don't use anything metal with a sharp edge

Installing new windshield glass in my 71 40. Got weatherstrip from Cruiser Corps. Believe it's OEM. I noticed one side of the windshield seal has a deeper channel. Deeper side is 10mm, shallow side is 7mm. Would the deeper channel be best for the glass edge? The lip on my winshield frame gets narrow, less than 10mm in some areas. So I'm thinking the shallower side over the frame's metal lip.

The lock strip is sort of a tear drop shape. Would the wide part of the lock strip go in first leaving just the skinny part slightly exposed?

Anyone know of a good lock strip tool?

View attachment 1515629 View attachment 1515630

How's it working out? Are you happy with the quality? Does it leak?

How's it working out? Are you happy with the quality? Does it leak?

It worked out ok, can’t say I’m 100% satisfied how it turned out. I sorta wonder if the aftermarket glass was just a hair bigger than it should have been. I may mess with it again this summer. Rig has been in storage, I haven’t tested it for leaks.

Did you get the actual glass from Cruiser Corp ? I ordered one from them about 6 months ago , but I haven’t attempted.

I did. Appreciate the fact they ship glass. Once installed the glass wanted to push out relative to the lip in the frame. Also, the seal pooched in one spot. Not bad but just enough to make me wonder if the glass was a hair bigger than OEM. Very possible the glass was a perfect size and the installer(me) made an error.:meh:

I’ll see if I kept measurements of the glass, I think I did. @CSteppe82 if you have a chance can you measure your glass? I haven’t looked for a thread where someone measured a OEM windshield. I would think someone has.

I wasn’t able to find the butcher paper used to trace the ccorps windshield. Would be nice to get OEM glass measurements and compare it to Cruiser Corps glass.

Maybe I’ll change the title of this thread:hmm:

@CSteppe82

Hi guys

I thought I would chime in.

Our windshield patterns are made off of an original OEM for each year. The size and thickness should be the same.

Also, we waste quite a bit of material when making these due to the fact that the glass we buy has the glass pre stamped in the corner for DOT purposes and we have to throw away the rest.
(If that makes sense) States that require inspections will check this.

As far as weatherstrip is concerned, we sell both an OEM and aftermarket. To be completely honest our aftermarket should fit just like OEM. Almost all of our weatherstrip is ISO certified to ensure it is right.

I have tried to move to ISO certified parts where I can to ensure the quality that you guys demand and that we want for our reputation as well.

We appreciate you guys and your business!

Mike

^ This is true of SOR..

And nice to hear from a vendor... :)

@thebigredrocker I never measured it before I installed. I totally forgot. AND I cracked it during install. I can go out and measure it as is if that will help ?? Just let me know. I will actually measure it this time. Haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom