Land Cruiser Heaven Leather Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full Leather

Hey Ron,

I dont know how I missed this review. I am really glad you are happy with the covers. They turned out amazing congratulations.!

Ron just came by to show me his seats. The leather looks great! Couple of nits that I can see if the brown, on the two tone, doesn't match too well but I think that was noted in the thread. Not sure. The headrests were also two toned although the stock is one color. Just a note.

The guys that installed it did a mostly ok job. A few little issues that Ron will get taken care of. Not anything leather related.

The back panel, with the net, is not included nor is there material for it. So make sure you get that covered with matching vinyl or else it'll stick out like an old sore thumb.

Joey,

Thanks for the observation on the headrest. I was able to source the same brown color matching the oak color on the dash. So I have both the Tan, light brown and the dark brown. All kits now come with the rear vinyl for the back panel as well as the vinyl piece in between the top and bottom cushion on the rear of each front seat. Also all kits come with some foam that you can use to give form to your old cushion if changing the seat bottom cushion isnt an option. You also get some metal rods and hog rings.

*Thanksgiving Promotion going on right now
Land Cruiser Heaven - Thanksgiving Sale! 15% OFF

seat covers.jpg

I just wanted to concur with the Amazing Quality Leather that Frank from Land Cruiser Heaven provided. The kit was premium quality leather and the upholstery shop was amazed at the price. All together it was a great purchase and gave the interior of the Land Cruiser another 20 years.

Shout out to Frank @ LandCruiserHeaven.

-Ryan

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

Them seats look great! The two tone really sets them off.
My fabric seats are near mint, but I want to find leather seats. I think they look a lot better than fabric.

What did the, shop charge for the install, the leather is beautiful, I got a tingly feeling seeing it :hillbilly:

Did you get new mesh pockets for the seat backs? I actually wish that mesh could be replaced with vinyl or something. Did you get the seat heaters?

When I did mine I left the backside mesh pockets thingys off...wasnt worth putting back on....

So, has anyone had these on for a while and can speak as to how well they have held up over time? Thanks!

Mark
Orlando, FL

Hey Mark,

So I’ve had them on for a while now, and I do like them. I have a few issues with them, but that is due to the shop that installed them, and not the leather itself. I only really have minimal complaints about the leather.

1. It’s not the same finish as the original leather. I’m only 23 so I haven’t been driving the car since it was new, but it has been my dad’s since it was new. I don’t remember the leather ever being the same as the new leather.

- The new leather feels almost porous compared to the old leather. The old leather really feels waxy, and if you have it I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Like a nice polish close to vinyl.

- Also to go along with that, I also feel like the leather is thinner. I don’t know if it actually is, or it’s my imagination, but I just feel like it is.

2. My second complaint is that the leather gets marked up pretty easily. I went hiking and camping and got plenty of dirty with the old leather and never really marked up the seats too much. With the new leather, I feel like every time I look over at the passenger seat there are marks on it.

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

So I’ve had them on for a while now, and I do like them. I have a few issues with them, but that is due to the shop that installed them, and not the leather itself. I only really have minimal complaints about the leather.

1. It’s not the same finish as the original leather. I’m only 23 so I haven’t been driving the car since it was new, but it has been my dad’s since it was new. I don’t remember the leather ever being the same as the new leather.

- The new leather feels almost porous compared to the old leather. The old leather really feels waxy, and if you have it I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Like a night polish close to vinyl.

- Also to go along with that, I also feel like the leather is thinner. I don’t know if it actually is, or it’s my imagination, but I just feel like it is.

2. My second complaint is that the leather gets marked up pretty easily. I went hiking and camping and got plenty of dirty with the old leather and never really marked up the seats too much. With the new leather, I feel like every time I look over at the passenger seat there are marks on it.
Did you apply a leather conditioner after installing? I wonder if the oils in a decent leather conditioner would help to keep it from getting marked up so easily. Im definitely not an expert, but just a thought.

Did you apply a leather conditioner after installing? I wonder if the oils in a decent leather conditioner would help to keep it from getting marked up so easily. Im definitely not an expert, but just a thought.

I use leather cleaner and conditioner every 3-4 months, and I’ll use leather cleaner whenever I see dirt marks.

Also, to add, I’ve never had an issue with getting marks off the seat even with just some water if I was out and didn’t want things sitting too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom