Does 2011 LC200 has DAC downhill assist control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there fellow LC200 owners

i purchased a 2011 recently but for some reason i dont see a DAC button like a 4runner or highlander has. Does the 2011 LC200 comes equipped with a DAC button ?

Thanks

So if I was going down hill don't want to use my breaks much what do u guys recommend using

So if I was going down hill don't want to use my breaks much what do u guys recommend using

In 4lo & manual...first gear will keep you pretty slow even on steep off-road stuff.

With 35's, I now use manual shifting in 4Hi to control speeds on long descents, like going down I70 into Denver. Brakes will be smoked otherwise...

What conditions? On the trail or on the highway? If on the highway, use Sport mode and an apprpriate lower top gear downhill. I just completed a 3000 mile trip towing a 3500 camper that included 17% grades on highways in Quebec. When going down, Sport mode saved the brakes to live to fight another day. And boy, does that 5.7L pull hard when asked!

In 4lo & manual...first gear will keep you pretty slow even on steep off-road stuff.

With 35's, I now use manual shifting in 4Hi to control speeds on long descents, like going down I70 into Denver. Brakes will be smoked otherwise...

Which, for a San Diegan, you do...a lot. :D

We had DAC on our Highlander and I couldn't find it on my '17 Cruiser. Since we have a very steep driveway that sees a lot of ice/snow in the winter, it's a real thing for us. What I've discovered is that Crawl Control is like DAC on steriods. You can control the speed. It controls the throttle, so it works on very rough terrain or going uphill. It's more involved than simply pushing a button, but it does so much more. Go find a dirt area and play with it a bit - if you're like me, you'll be blown away by how much better Crawl Control is.

Like going down a steep hill for example im in the Bay Area .. I went to mount diablo and wow it was rough on the breaks going down hill but when I had a highlander the DAC really helped in going down hill. So would you guys recommend the crawl control low going a down hill that's stop and go ?

So question on Crawl Control. I was on a level dirt driveway yesterday, figured I'd try it out. Put it 4LO (faint "clack" under the truck, light turned on), then turned on CC on the lowest setting. Truck started moving forward, but it was making an awful sound. Not a gear grinding sound, more like a stuttering thing, the noise reminded me of the ABS modulator noise when it kicks in under hard braking. Is this normal? The truck slowly crawled forward, smoothly, no lurching or odd movement, just an alarming sound that I wasn't expecting.

Shifted up to highest speed (#3), it moved faster and the noise was not as bad, almost gone. I only went about 20' in both D and R. Very odd. Now I want to try it on a trail somewhere!

So question on Crawl Control.

just an alarming sound that I wasn't expecting.

Very odd. Now I want to try it on a trail somewhere!
No offense intended here, but maybe you should do a little Googling of this system, watch a few videos. Try "Toyota Crawl video". Everything is normal, nothing is odd. That is how the system functions, by cycling the brakes one at a time or in unison to get the best traction and maintain the selected speed... While noisy, it is only odd to you if you are clueless about what is going on.

Also watch a Turn Assist video if you feel like really getting freaked out.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
I actually did. None of the videos I watched made that sort of noise. I assumed it was modulating the brakes, doing it's job, but on a simple gravel driveway I didn't expect it to be working so hard.

I wonder how well it will work in deep snow?

I actually did. None of the videos I watched made that sort of noise. I assumed it was modulating the brakes, doing it's job, but on a simple gravel driveway I didn't expect it to be working so hard.

just bought my 09 lx and did the exact same thing you did.. It sounded exactly as you described..

Your reaction to the noise is perfectly normal. No one expects it and has the same questions. If you use it a couple of times you won't notice the sound at all, except to explain to passengers that it is normal, but you will come to love it. The first time you try backing down a steep,slippery hill in the snow will convince you.

OK, thanks. It was definitely one of those "holy crap, what is all that noise??" moments. All these fancy-pants doodads are pretty cool, until they stop working, then I bet they get pretty $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom