Bad news... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hope none of you are waiting on delivery of a gold LX470...

I told the tow truck driver to flop it back onto its wheels and start it up.

Looks like it was on its way somewhere from an auto auction. Another one bites the dust.

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

:eek:

Damn!

From what I could gather from rubber necking the accident... looks like the 5th wheel hauled car trailer only had the LC onboard in the front / highest position. I think he took a right turn a little too fast and something gave way. The LC was still strapped on but the entire trailer had rolled. Someone's auction deal just made them easy money I'm guessing (if it gets paid out at KBB value). I'm guessing the check mark on the windshield means that the LC starts and drives?
Accident shut down all westbound lanes of Butterfield Rd at Route 59 in Warrenville IL. It was a sad sight to see, if you're looking for a parts vehicle at least you know how this one got all its damage, it was basically dropped from about 8' in the air.

It has no roof rack!!!

I'm pretty sure that if it was running before the accident, that bad boy would still run.

You would think they know better not to put all the weight in front of the trailer.
IMG_20170520_133737625.jpg

Last edited:
You would think they know better not to put all the weight in front of the trailer.

Nope, people are stupid! (some of them).

Looks like Parmer Lane in Austin?

One mans loss is another mans treasure. Someone in that area find that truck and take some pics of the downed side. It could probably be located from the info on the tow trucks door. Airbags look intact and whole doors with glass panels can be found. Also the windshield looks OK from the pic which tells me the roof line hasn't been compromised. Who cares about the front bumper that's easy stuff. Someone could get this for a steal now.

I pass a private hauler with a full sized vehicle transporter parked on the side of the road near his house about once or twice a week. The road is directly alongside I-95. Sometimes there are nice vehicles parked on top and of course I check them out.

About 5 years ago I slowed to notice two brand new and beautiful blue 70 series Troopies parked near the top of the two level transport along with some other Toyota trucks that appeared to be Hilux series. Later in the week the two Troopies were back on the transport, missing most of their roofs. He must not have accounted correctly for overpass height.

The air bags in my pic were definitely not deployed. I'm not sure the roof was entirely straight either, I thought I noticed a ripple on the rear portion?

From what I could gather from rubber necking the accident... looks like the 5th wheel hauled car trailer only had the LC onboard in the front / highest position. I think he took a right turn a little too fast and something gave way. The LC was still strapped on but the entire trailer had rolled. Someone's auction deal just made them easy money I'm guessing (if it gets paid out at KBB value). I'm guessing the check mark on the windshield means that the LC starts and drives?
Accident shut down all westbound lanes of Butterfield Rd at Route 59 in Warrenville IL. It was a sad sight to see, if you're looking for a parts vehicle at least you know how this one got all its damage, it was basically dropped from about 8' in the air.

I drove thru there a few hours earlier.... It's good I didn't see it, it would have broke my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom