Keystone Cruisers Next Monthly Run is August 12th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Saturday morning, what time at AOAA and what are the meet-up details? We will be in 2 red vehicles (2106 4Runner and 1985 G-Wagen) so we are easy to spot. [I'm praying for the G-wagen to make it after its latest repairs.]

17807436_10213020770693630_7058001591991697784_o.jpg

Depends what side of the park the club wheels. If doing the western part the group should leave earlier than normal as it is a long ride to the far end of the place. If doing the normal part the usual thing is to be in the staging area by 8:30 to register and air down, and hit the trail by 9AM. Always the best idea to be pre-registered (easy to do it online) for the waiver at AAOA. Crusha- what are you thinking?

Doubtful that I'll be there. headed to Richmond today or tomorrow probably not heading home until Saturday. If plans change and I get home Friday I'll be at AAOA.

Last edited:
Is the plan to do mostly exploration? Thinking of coming along but would be bringing my 40 that doesn't have any belly protection yet. What do you guys think? It is soa on 36s so not hanging too low.

I can't do too much on the exploration side since my 2016 4Runner is still more babied than beaten. It has stock tin pans underneath, SSO rock sliders and BFG KO2s. Otherwise very dentable (if that's a word).

If you guys are set on beating up the new side, we may jump over to the established trails or jump into an offroad consulting group.

I'm 100% in at this point, and will have a buddy with another FJ cruiser tagging along that everyone will think is @joabmc. I'm not planning on bringing any passengers so if any of you guys with downed rigs want to ride gun there an open spot.

I'm out for this one. One of our wreckers roached an engine last night, so I'm in scramble mode to get it rebuilt or replaced. :poop::poop::poop:

Edit: If anyone knows where there's a good running decent mileage 6.7 Cummins, feel free to PM or call me. Thanks!

At this point I'm iffy. I'm in Richmond right now not sure if returning to Pa Friday or Saturday. If I'm home I'll be at the park at 8:30.

I'm bailing. I have WAY too much on my plate right now. If @shmukster cannot make it, someone needs to step up and lead the group. I'd recommend staying away from the Western Reserve since it's still quite unfamiliar territory. There are some new trails (blue/black) we found a few months ago. These are on the AOAA printed map. They're called Muddy Shackle and the other is Excelsior Swamp, I think. Be careful of the water crossings, there are some very deep and muddy ones. Aaron @Pacer almost had one swallow his 80. I'd recommend driving around them, there are bypasses. The bucket trail is also in this area and I think noted on the map. It's a great trail, LOTS of rocks. Use the Maplets app to help navigate. Don't break anything! ;)

My buddy toasted his alternator in the swamp. It is deep! I was looking forward to some exploring of the Western side as I have not been there yet. How many rigs we have as a definite now? One of my Taco buddies may be joining us.

My buddy toasted his alternator in the swamp. It is deep! I was looking forward to some exploring of the Western side as I have not been there yet. How many rigs we have as a definite now? One of my Taco buddies may be joining us.

I am for sure in, and 90% sure my buddy is in. I'm fine with doing either side of the property. I would be happy to trail lead if we do the east side, I have a pretty good handle on my way around there at this point. West side I've only done once, so if thats the chosen side someone else will need to lead. I'm fine with greens, blues, or blacks. I guess we can see who shows up with what saturday morning and go from there.

The blues/blacks on the West side are not difficult to find, they're actually marked on the map. All you really have to do is keep all the way left on the trails, and you'll find them. However, if you do go this route, it's pretty far in the park and it would be best to get a slightly earlier start. In addition, just boogie out to that section and skip any of the smaller offshoot blues. This way you'll have more time to run the trails. You have to be out of the Western reserve by two... which is just silly with how large it is.

I'm still in and it doesn't matter to me which side is decided. It's my last chance to get out until probably November so whatever is good with me.

I'm concerned about my vehicle. Too much black and blue talk. I lost my running boards (were coming off anyway) while playing on easier blues at Rausch Creek a couple months back. My brother and I will be there. I might even be wearing my Keystone Cruisers shirt, but we jumped over to the guided ride with offroad consulting. Sorry to bail, but this is my daily ride.

I'm planning to be there with my blue fj40 on her maiden trip... I'm on open diffs with 33's on OME 2" lift... blues are fine with me but I'll tag along for whatever

Look at all these new 40s coming out to play! Wish I could make it.

Just mounted some 35s on the new 100. Will get the @Cruisin' sliders installed and be ready to hit some trails next time.

IMG_3546.JPG

Man, looks like a nice sized group, eight trucks! :steer:

Confirmed so far are:
@Stairgod
@dci blair plus one
@VBRoamer
@joabmc
@cwlahr
@BROKEROB1
@77landsitter

@shmukster and @JeepinPete are a maybe.

@Safetyman and the G-wagen are doing some exploring with the Off Road Consulting group.

I'm sorry I won't be there to welcome the new faces, but we'll meet next time. I'm out for the September run, going to be wheeling in Colorado.

Our club run in October is also the weekend of the Fall Crawl. This is a free event being hosted at Rausch Creek.

Go here for info.

Last edited:
Man, looks like a nice sized group, seven trucks! :steer:

Confirmed so far are:

@dci blair plus one
@VBRoamer
@joabmc
@cwlahr
@BROKEROB1
@77landsitter

@shmukster and @JeepinPete are a maybe.

@Safetyman and the G-wagen are doing some exploring with the Off Road Consulting group.

I'm sorry I won't be there to welcome the new faces, but we'll meet next time. I'm out for the September run, going to be wheeling in Colorado.

Our club run in October is also the weekend of the Fall Crawl. This is a free event being hosted at Rausch Creek.

Go here for info.
Forgot me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom