Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG

Glass went in today, I used the rope trick to install the seal. Super simple to do! I would have hated myself if I took it somewhere to have them do it.

Its the taking out that scares me.

The best part is that I used the same weatherstripping that I removed, it was still very pliable and didn't have any tears. It looks like they are only a few years old.

It is a pain, I used a lot of plastic knives, broke a lot of them also. Take it slow and easy, once you get one side done it is smooth sailing. Heat is your friend. Get that rubber warm and pliable and it should slide through the frame.

My fingers hurt for a week after I removed my glass, and I have fairly tough hands.

Dropped the 40 off at a muffler shop today to get the exhaust pipe ran, went on a little scouting trip for trout afterwards.
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG

FWIW, there are zero trout in that stream. Don't waste your time.

Do you have an extra room in your new place, a garden shed, chicken coop? I'm easy to please, I do eat a lot though. We could work a deal............

I'm basically living in the cow pasture, my camper is parked next to the hay barn. It gets tricky living out of a truck camper.

A man ought not spend all his spare time in the mountains.
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG
IT IS ALIVE!!!!

I fired up the engine today and tuned it up, I am running it off of a gas can right now just to start it and test everything. So far so good, I even took it for a few laps around the cow pasture!!!

Time for a cold beer to celebrate!!

I also got word we have a contract on our house in Maryland!!!

Sounds like good news all around that's good to hear I've heard that the smoke is real bad up in that area
JP

Yeah, we definitely have a ton of smoke in the area. There are multiple wildfires all around the valley. The last week the smoke has settled down in the valley pretty bad, a little rain today has helped some. Not much, but some.

IMG_0244.JPG
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
Fabbed up some pieces so I could use the old school OEM plate bracket on the cooler carrier today, painted the bracket and bolted everything together. Managed to bleed the brakes, and had to take it on some back roads to test it out.

Forgot to check the fuel can I was using to see how much fuel was left in it. Almost ran out of fuel, it died once, then I tilted the can to get it all in one corner!

Ran it for about 30 minutes after I topped off the fuel can, took it around some back roads again.

Once I came back to my gypsy camp I adjusted the valves and torqued the head bolts again.

Readjusted the timing, the BB is at the very bottom of the window, seems to run the best way there, rpm is right at 950 with no vacuum lines hooked up. I still need to run lines to the dizzy.

Bolted the tuffy console down, dicked around with the steering wheel to try and center it, need to tweak it some more, drank some beers, cooked some bacon.

My steering wheel is about 4' off to the right. It messes with the signal lever. Like if i click it down to turn left it takes and inch of movement back to the right to click it off. It drives straight as an arrow though. I wonder if i can just unbolt the wheel and clock it over to center it. Not sure if that will fix it or i have to take teh turn signal assembly out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom