Annual Ouray camping trip Aug 2 - 6th, 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just recently heard of Sydney Pass, it sounds and looks beautiful! We should definitely make that a run for one of the days.

I hope you can make it Bruce, we really need to have more then one GX there.

guessing you saw it on Facebook too, haven't heard of it before that

Yes good ole GXOR. There is a decent video of Governor Basin and Sydney Pass on YouTube.

Are you moving out of Pagosa? Why? We need to talk, the wife and I would like to move there for our retirement years.

Seems like it might be #4 and #5, in that area at least? It is called Sydney Pass though, I wonder if it goes all the way over the mountain now? Maybe into Telluride?

Yes good ole GXOR. There is a decent video of Governor Basin and Sydney Pass on YouTube.

Are you moving out of Pagosa? Why? We need to talk, the wife and I would like to move there for our retirement years.

No plans, girlfriend wants to downsize, This is a really nice place and I know a great realtor, my girlfriend.
Her and her daughter own Exit Realty Home & Ranch in Durango. Not, repeat not associated with Exit in Pagosa (long story)

Would anybody have space in one of their sites for me Saturday night? I'm going to be coming back from Leadville and thought I would detour through Ouray. I would just need a place to park and pitch a tent (might sleep in the car).

Recently picked up another camper, and I am going up with the Family on Sunday 7/30, and currently have a pull through until the 3rd at 4J. Hopefully someone cancels by then, otherwise on the 3rd, I'll be moving to another location, like the Amphitheater CG, or NF.

Would anybody have space in one of their sites for me Saturday night? I'm going to be coming back from Leadville and thought I would detour through Ouray. I would just need a place to park and pitch a tent (might sleep in the car).

Oh hell yeah dude, just come by and squat!

I have to cancel, not sure I can get free for the time to camp and do the whole trip. BUT, I would like to know when you guys are doing Engineer or Cinnamon or Stoney or stuff around Silverton. I would like to try and get away and join everyone for the day, I could join up outside of Silverton.

Just got back from a few days in the mountains, been raining a bunch. Plenty of wet areas and puddles. Flowers are looking great and it is really green. Waterfalls are flowing heavy for this late in the season.

Hope you guys enjoy your trip!

G

Thanks for the info Graham. Hope to you see your family next week sometime.

I'm headed to Alaska with the family later this week, gonna miss you guys this year. I'll have to look more into the Rimrock trail, looks like a good fun trip.

G

I made it to Ouray, I'm staying in spot #2 at least through Thursday, it's a Jayco Jay Feather
Did you swing by Hundreds in The Hills? I was on Imogene and Ophir from 8 - 3, actually leading the run.

It's raining a lot. Wildflowers are in full splendor. They've been 'grooming' (with a bulldozer) some of the roads around Engineer and Cinnamon pass so watch out for soft shoulders on the downhill side. Oh, and there are a LOT of people up there. Imogene had a maddening amount of traffic. Also, be prepared for a 10 - 30 minute delay on 550 just south of Silverton due to major road construction/repairs.

Did you swing by Hundreds in The Hills? I was on Imogene and Ophir from 8 - 3, actually leading the run.

It's raining a lot. Wildflowers are in full splendor. They've been 'grooming' (with a bulldozer) some of the roads around Engineer and Cinnamon pass so watch out for soft shoulders on the downhill side. Oh, and there are a LOT of people up there. Imogene had a maddening amount of traffic. Also, be prepared for a 10 - 30 minute delay on 550 just south of Silverton due to major road construction/repairs.

I didn't pass by Silverton on the way up, we got a late start, and didn't roll into Ouray into 7, but I did see alot of 100's rolling out on the way back in.

We went on Imogene yesterday, and did the Alpine loop today. Like Marc said, lots of traffic on the trails.

Managing the traffic when you're the trail leader, you've got 9 rigs in your group and the tail gunner is too far away for the CBs to work well is no fun.

Time to get those 100 guys into the Ham mode!

Time to get those 100 guys into the Ham mode!
There were a few but not enough to be useful. I even had trouble with my HT communicating with my tailgunners, which always had HAM.

There were a few but not enough to be useful. I even had trouble with my HT communicating with my tailgunners, which always had HAM.

Next time you have some money that you don't know what to do with (!), you can consider a mobile radio install for your 100.

Glad to hear that some are getting the message about HAM. I was surprised on one of the Cruise Moab runs that the trail leader was still using a CB. It feels like horse and buggy after driving a car for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom