What are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2726.JPG
Guess what's next.

I got the control arms in today, I also added the sway bar re-locate kit, did a body mount chop while I was at it, and finally got the front end lined up. First time I've had everything in spec since I've owned it. Good thing I got them done, the drivers side upper ball joint was totally hammered. I feel if I took one more trip off road it probably separate.

IMG_8136.JPG

IMG_8137.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8140.JPG

IMG_8141.JPG

@Yellow Jacket, I've been trying to figure out your vanity plate and it's driving me NUTS!

Part two is obviously "reek" ;)...but WTF is the first part? Rambling? Rebelling? Warbling?

Blair, what is a body mount chop?

The body mount directly behind the front tire has an extended "nub" on it. Once lifted and larger than OE tires are installed the tires can rub the mount, especially once caster is corrected. I did not have an issue with it, I just got preemptive since I was putting new upper control arms on.

This took MUCH longer than it should have.
IMG_2781.JPG

Very nice!

Not to add more work for you, but if possible you might consider moving the solenoid box. One of the big benefits of the 80-series blueberry is that the winch line is so visible. I had a custom front bumper made for my 100 after being super frustrated with the ARB sahara hiding the winchline from view. It might look OK, but in practical use seeing your line spool from a few feet away is great.

025.JPG

Last edited:
This took MUCH longer than it should have. View attachment 1516129
I like it but I have a concern. I see it is a warn m8000. Warns are great and are always worth rebuilding. But the M8000 leaves me wondering if you bought enough winch. I can't help but wonder if a m10000 or M12000 would be better for your needs.

I like it but I have a concern. I see it is a warn m8000. Warns are great and are always worth rebuilding. But the M8000 leaves me wondering if you bought enough winch. I can't help but wonder if a m10000 or M12000 would be better for your needs.

I know and I debated it a lot. I know it's always better to have more winch than you need, but in reality I won't ever find myself on insane rocks or extreme situations and couldn't justify the price. My plan is to join some club runs and the 8000 should be enough. Either that or it will kick some serious butt at KOP. I hear their curbs are fierce. Hope I don't spill my mocha latte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom