Boot on transfer nose cone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm unfamiliar with the "boot". You can remove the front driveshaft output without having to go into the case. Remove the bolts and off it comes.

Is that what you are talking about?

Are you talking about the dust seal right behind where the drive shaft bolts to the flange?

If so you have to remove the front shaft and unbolt the staked nut.

IMG_0010.JPG

No, I'm going to change the seal too, but my T-case is different than the one in the picture, and has a boot covering the shift "rod" on the side. In the picture above, it would be the rod coming out of the black piece held on by 4 bolts.

The dust boot on the actuator shaft just slips on and fits into a recessed area to hold it on.

If you decide to remove the whole assembly, it's just the 4 bolts on the side like you mentioned. Your shift fork will come with it. It just rests in the collar inside the nose cone that slides forward and back for front wheel drive.

Sounds like the shift forks aren't engaged with the shift collar correctly.

Yep, got to take it apart again.

Sounds like the shift forks aren't engaged with the shift collar correctly.

Yep, got to take it apart again.

I agree with Josh. Not much else that could really go wrong here. Can you post some pics when you get back into it?

Well, I figured it out. At one point I had to take the T-case "nose" off, (that's another story), and the "clutch sleeve", as the book calls it, fell out. Well, I did put it in backwards, and now I have everything corrected. The part the shift fork fits into is what they call the clutch sleeve.
I thought I might not have the fork in the right spot, but I checked that several times, but I finally got to the correct solution.
Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom