Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice rigs and welcome to the club!

We generally wheel every second Saturday and our next club run is August 12th. :steer:

My name is Chris (Cass) and I'm in York, PA. It's nice to see some people that are local (fireball, BROKEROB1). I own Big Apple Bagels in York and Shrewsbury, so you can usually see one of my trucks there, or sports cars if weather is nice.

I've had my '97 LX450 for 17 years and I will have it forever. It's undergoing a refresh right now to bring it up to modern SUV standards as much as possible. It doesn't wheel at all, but I found a solution to my problem.

Just picked this up last week to turn into a dedicated wheeling rig

It's a bit ugly, but that way I won't care too much about damage and it adds character. Plus, it has lockers!!

Nice 80's! Build the new one and come join us on the trails! I have a lot of 80 parts if you need something.

Hello I am Matt i live in chester springs and i just bought a 1975 fj40. Looking to do some small projects over the winter.

20170723_143352.jpg

Hello I am Matt i live in chester springs and i just bought a 1975 fj40. Looking to do some small projects over the winter.

View attachment 1505389
Welcome Matt, nice rig!
Any background on it?
@shmukster will be able to steer you toward the parts needed for your front brake conversion.

Hey Matt, nice 40, I'm liking the green. I'm in Chester Springs also, Yellow Springs Rd, right off of 113.

Go Here to become a member...

looks like a glass tub with the old school flip forward front clip.

Yep has a 350 conversion i want to most the exhaust so it goes out the back at rock sliders and switch to discs in the front. That and some general maintenance stuff and it should be good to go.

Nice truck, Bobby!

Go here to join.

Our next club run info is here. If the weather is cooperative some of us may camp out the night before.

Does anyone know any mechanics in the west suburbs that do side jobs for cash. There are some things i will tackle and some things left to the pros. I have a guy but he is over by horsham and getting there and back is a pain

Well I wanted a lc80 for the longest time. I had a 97 4runner 5spd that I loved but it being from the northeast and after patching the frame a few times I decided it was time for it to go. After looking around for LCs locally I couldn't find any that weren't rusted to hell or beat to death so I started looking at importing one. I found a guy that had one ready to bring over and I jumped on it. It arrived and it had a 4 inch no name lift with blown out shocks and nothing else to support the lift. (no castor correction, steering stabilizer, brake lines, ect.) and it had 10 year old bf goodrich kms that were rock hard. So i did BEB, ome 2.5, fox 2.0 shocks, extended brake lines caster bushings full maintenance on both axles converted the ac to 134a, stoptech brakes, new head unit, and general grabber x3. runs and rides fantastic then the lean to the right side that is driving me crazy.

Don't forget to add your rig to the 80 Series Google map! You can see all the 80 series around the world. Add yours!! Need a google log in to add to the map, no google login? PM me and I'll add your rig. Just need your vehicle year any general location.

Click here > 80 Series Land Cruisers of the World!!

added!

runs and rides fantastic then the lean to the right side that is driving me crazy.

You probably have the springs installed incorrectly, they are "handed". Swap your springs from side to side, and I bet your problem will be solved.

You could alternately add some weight to the left side...

upload_2017-8-3_10-2-1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom