Purple side mirrors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i was driving home tonight and my side mirrors seemed to have a purple tint to them. I'm assuming it has to do with the headlights being on but I don't know if that's normal or something going out. Something in the heated part of it??

It's hard to see in the picture but wondering if it's happened to anyone else

IMG_4487.JPG

You won't have to worry about it when you drive off the road taking pictures on the highway.

The purple is from the heating element.

I don't know about purple (?) but the LX has auto-dim side mirrors.

I don't know about purple (?) but the LX has auto-dim side mirrors.

Would you happen to know if the LX and LC glass is interchangeable? I'd like to have a taste of the good life.

Not a direct swap. But you could probably get them to work with some effort. They are also power retracting.

Would you happen to know if the LX and LC glass is interchangeable? I'd like to have a taste of the good life.

Good ideas, is this all part of the BCM? I remember going through the rear wiper motor drama that was controlled through the module. The module was different between power steering column and non, but I did use a power column module in non power LC and things are functioning. Sometimes you really have to investigate what the pieces of the puzzle are.

Last edited:
This happened to me when I was at the dealership and they hung one of those number cards from the rear view mirror. There are one or two sensors that detect ambient light and glare from behind and activate auto-dimming in the mirrors. My infiniti would transition great but my LX seems to be a little dumb about it so it never really dims one me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom