Someone please help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a 1987 fj60, to be my daily driver plus some camping and over landing. I'm in serious need of a mechanic or someone to show me the ropes to get my truck up and running. I'll join the local group or whatever I need to do! Just looking for some help!

Thanks!

Just bought a 1987 fj60, to be my daily driver plus some camping and over landing. I'm in serious need of a mechanic or someone to show me the ropes to get my truck up and running. I'll join the local group or whatever I need to do! Just looking for some help!

Thanks!
Welcome to the madness. LsLc meets 2nd Thursday of each month @ 7pm at Papas BBQ on Northwest HWY off I35 on Dallas
Where are you located? I have a LC mech that I use for the heavy repairs in my hometown of N Richland Hills
Dajda's Auto repair. Owner is Mike and he does real good work. Ph is 817 427 4857.

My name is Steve. Go do a search for FSMs and you may download them for free. Also you can search the Mud forum under 60 series and find many threads on repairs and modifications. A lot of this depends on your wrenching ability and how willing you are to do it yourself. I do cause I enjoy and it saves me $$ for the big jobs.

Happy Cruisin n post a few pics.

I think I got my issue with it starting fixed it was my battery terminal. I really just need someone to do a good once over. So I need it at a mechanic and then I'm willing to learn and watch videos for any other maintenance. I called all the local cruiser places most didn't answer and only one had a voicemail. I'm out of the country first of august for 2-3 weeks, so I'm ok leaving it while it's checked out.

Thanks for the help

IMG_1695.JPG

Nice 2 tone rig. Give Mike Dajda a call. Good Idea with having someone professional give a report card. I'd offer my amateur wrench experience, but for a few bucks its worth it, How many miles on her? Any mods besides that front bumper?

Dajda's is a class act! Give him a call.

Nice 2 tone rig. Give Mike Dajda a call. Good Idea with having someone professional give a report card. I'd offer my amateur wrench experience, but for a few bucks its worth it, How many miles on her? Any mods besides that front bumper?

230,000k the previous owner changed out the two front seats for two leather seats, but gave me all the original interior. How ever the electrical portion of the driver seat doesn't function so Im going to have to get that traded out. Other than that the back hatch area has some silver plated metal down on the floor board. once I make sure the cruiser is running properly I want to upgrade tires and lights, lift it a bit, and change the head unit out.

Welcome aboard! I agree Mike Dajda is good.
DFW is the size of Connecticut, what area are you in?
Happy Trails!
Nick

I changed my battery still having trouble, I think it's my alternator. Im near Baylor Dallas. Lakewood area. Im a nurse in the er there. You?

Last edited:
I'm an engineer who lives in Fort Worth and works in downtown Dallas.
Always start with the simple things. Cruisers are cool because most of the problems are simple and mechanical. That means you don't need a laptop to determine what to fix or replace. A Chilton manual, Haynes manual, or Toyota FSM is standard reference for all of us.

Mike Dajda is probably the closest cruiserhead to you. 817.427.4857 5213 E Davis Blvd, North Richland Hills, 76180. Mike is very good at seeing the big picture and fixing things that are about to fail. For your comfort, describe the problems and give him a limit.

Another option is to take it to Toyota of Dallas. The parts guys are great and the service department is good too. The drawback to any Toyota dealer is the fact that they push sales on every operation. You have to know for yourself what needs repair and what can wait. Alcohol helps when you suffer intense sales pressure.

Let us know what you find out,
Happy Trails!
Nick

Ok great, I'm gonna attempt to changed my belts and alternator myself. Should be fun:. Or something lol.

Update, Dajda's moved to a new location in NRH. 8075 Blvd 26 76180. You can't miss his shop, lot's of Landcruisers out front.
20170717_134656.jpg
20170717_134640.jpg
20170717_134747.jpg

Ok great, thanks!

Welcome to the madness. LsLc meets 2nd Thursday of each month @ 7pm at Papas BBQ on Northwest HWY off I35 on Dallas
Where are you located? I have a LC mech that I use for the heavy repairs in my hometown of N Richland Hills
Dajda's Auto repair. Owner is Mike and he does real good work. Ph is 817 427 4857.

My name is Steve. Go do a search for FSMs and you may download them for free. Also you can search the Mud forum under 60 series and find many threads on repairs and modifications. A lot of this depends on your wrenching ability and how willing you are to do it yourself. I do cause I enjoy and it saves me $$ for the big jobs.

Happy Cruisin n post a few pics.
not to highjack
Is there a link to the club? I'm in Dallas and just got a LX570. Would love to participate in a local club and hopefully go offroading with you guys.

The website is www.lslc.org
It hasn't been updated in several years.
Currently, President is Perry Lowery aka 40's rock; VP is Nick Stone aka Green Lantern; and the Treasurer is Jeff Old aka Jebber.

We meet at 7pm on the second Thursday each month at Pappa's BBQ; 2231 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220. Same restaurant and same time is the meeting for the Toyota Trail Riders. Lone Star is mostly geezers with F series motors or V8's. TTR is mostly youngsters with 22R and 22RE motors. It's all family friendly and folks enjoy socializing around the trucks until the mosquitoes get bad.

The website is www.lslc.org
It hasn't been updated in several years.
Currently, President is Perry Lowery aka 40's rock; VP is Nick Stone aka Green Lantern; and the Treasurer is Jeff Old aka Jebber.

We meet at 7pm on the second Thursday each month at Pappa's BBQ; 2231 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220. Same restaurant and same time is the meeting for the Toyota Trail Riders. Lone Star is mostly geezers with F series motors or V8's. TTR is mostly youngsters with 22R and 22RE motors. It's all family friendly and folks enjoy socializing around the trucks until the mosquitoes get bad.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like no LXs :)

Anyone have an extra alternator for a fj60 laying around. The guy I bought my fj from sent me an extra one but it was bad :(

hey guys,

thanks for all the previous recommendations I got it in to Butch (Texican) and he fixed me up! I'll post of pictures of the work he did once I leave work. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on someone to look at my A/C. It was running cold, but all of a sudden started running hot. I thought it needed to be recharged, so I charged it, but when I went to pick it up from butch it was running hot again. It seems that it may have a leak. Any recommendations would be great!

These are the seats that Butch worked on, along with the tuffy console.

fj2.jpg

fj3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom