Builds Codyaustin5's Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

REAR BUMPER :) patiently waiting for one in particular...

Me too. Meanwhile, I'm busy handing my wallet over for other goodies from Slee next week...

I'll be scrambling out of Oshkosh Wisconsin to get to Golden in time... Gonna be cutting it close...:steer:

Thought I would add the latest updates although posted in other places.
- Trail tailor rear bumper
- Prinsu rack
- Wrapped hood
- 3rd row seat covers
- Slee ARB light upgrade
- Toyota badge grill

IMG_7795.JPG

IMG_7797.JPG

IMG_7801.JPG

IMG_7808.JPG

IMG_7883.JPG

Pics

IMG_7624.JPG

IMG_7750.JPG

IMG_7884.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

IMG_7943.JPG

Schwing!

Damn thats a fine looking rig!

The hood turned out awesome

Trail tailor rear bumper - one of the upgrades I've been wanting for a long time. After much deliberation on the rear bumper and my lifestyle I decided against swingouts and at this point a one off from TT. I really wanted something that gave me additional clearance as my stock bumper had many scrapes and bruises. We tailgate quite a bit at football games and lots of mountain excursions Utilizing the tailgate and cargo area. Dealing with swingouts was not something I wanted to mess with. I had diffused Rigids installed with a separate switch so we can have them on when hanging out at night and not blind us. Also went with a textured powered coat which holds up better and easy to touch up. Should also mention the 2722 rear springs are perfect with the additional weight of the bumper. Overall very happy with it and ready to hit the trails.

Prinsu rack - most recent mod and so far very pleased. Easy install and still working on a few attachments and how I will utilize the rack more in the future. ARB awning was the first priority and looking a few different attachment methods. Starting to look at roof top tents and leaning towards Tepui.

Wrapped hood - wanted to do this for awhile. Followed the outer bulge lines vs whole hood. Used 3M satin black. Glare reduction has been fantastic which was an unexpected plus. Easy removal if I want in the future. Oh and looks awesome!

Toyota grill mod - couple threads on this but been very pleased with the look as I love the retro look. As mentioned before no issue with PCS system and front camera was relocated to ARB bumper.

3rd row seat cover - found on eBay and again with small kids and using the cargo area often drawers were not an option. The covers have nice large pockets on the sides which hold compressor attachments, gloves, tools and other items. Best option for my needs.

BP-51 update - I had some noise during cold weather months and ARB was awesome through the whole process. Had the new versions installed about a month ago and rides like a dream. Very happy with the BPs and highly recommend them. Again huge shout out to ARB for exceptional customer service.

My rig was built to be very practical. In my mind everything was chosen for a certain need. It is my DD but I work from home a lot so not a lot of miles given it's now 3.5 years old. Absolutely the best vehicle I've owned and enjoying every moment with it...

What's next.... maybe a winch or snorkel and will try ridge grapplers for my next tire. Also fender flares are still an option.

Last edited:
A few updates on earlier mods:

White Knuckle sliders (Cody special) - been great with no issues over the last 3 years. Main reason with my decision was the kick out which has been great with kids and getting to the roof for ski and roof box attachments. Cody special is the 2x3 rail vs the standard 2x2. I do have quite a few scrapes and good hits to it. Eventually I'll re-powder coat to match the rear bumper with the textured black.

Slee ARB fog light update - very happy and impressed with light output. They are brighter than my headlights and with the amber lense it brings down the light which doesn't bother oncoming traffic and works fantastic on mountain roads and driving through snow storms.

BFG 34s - been a great tire but recently removed the spidertrax spacers as I don't want to run them anymore. Since the tire is 10.5" they do tuck a little too much for my liking with out spacers so my next tire will be between 11-12" wide and will stay in the 34" realm.

ARB skid plates - looks like other options are coming to market finally. At the time only Arb was available and for my type of adventures and wheeling these work great. They've taken some hits and Just left a couple scrapes. If you're not doing major rock crawling then these will work just fine.

Last edited:
A couple of my favorite pics...

IMG_5427.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_6593.JPG

Looking SWEET, Cody!!

Hood really turned out well... Bumper, grill, RR. Nicely done!

Sweeeeeet!

I do like the rear bumper. Clean lines. I'm taking notes, hoping that Slee & 'others' ship to Oz. There is ARB here, but I do like some of the 'alternates' out there...which seem to be coming out of the USA, as said, I only hope they ship internationally.

Cody, I really like your rig man. Very tasteful and the black bumpers with the hood wrap looks great. Do you plan to regear with the 34's?

Cody, I really like your rig man. Very tasteful and the black bumpers with the hood wrap looks great. Do you plan to regear with the 34's?
Thanks. I've had the 34s for a year and no need for gears. They run perfectly fine and actually are better than the 285/70/17 toyo AT2 I had previously. Was not a big fan of the toyos.

Sweeeeeet!

I do like the rear bumper. Clean lines. I'm taking notes, hoping that Slee & 'others' ship to Oz. There is ARB here, but I do like some of the 'alternates' out there...which seem to be coming out of the USA, as said, I only hope they ship internationally.
How popular are the kaymars rear bumpers over there?

How popular are the kaymars rear bumpers over there?

ARB is definitely the 'crowd favourite', if anything due to marketing and product placement with the dealerships. Even the leasing company that through my employer with salary sacrificing is an agent/distributer for ARB.

As an aside...warning thread drift. When I go ahead and purchase the 200 it will come with the ARB goodies, but, once clear of the lease period and i purchase outright then it's a 'weapons loose' on purchasing some of the aftermarket 'goodies' courtesy of this great forum.

Normal thread will now resume. :)

Cody, great looking build! Very inspiring.

I'm wondering about the way the LED fog cube is mounted in the ARB plastic housing. Can you provide close up pics? I have a cheapo cube mounted on one of the side (pivot?) brackets in the ARB plastic housing. Mine does not rattle that much unless hitting big bumps or washboards, but it is not straight. I'd like to see how you did it.

Here is a photo of present setup - forgive the trim work that I need to refine and finish off with edge-lok under the headlight.

2017-07-20-arbbumperledfog_orig.jpg

Possibly cody did the Slee ARB fog light upgrade brackets

What size tires are you running? I see 34s....but what size?

Cody, great looking build! Very inspiring.

I'm wondering about the way the LED fog cube is mounted in the ARB plastic housing. Can you provide close up pics? I have a cheapo cube mounted on one of the side (pivot?) brackets in the ARB plastic housing. Mine does not rattle that much unless hitting big bumps or washboards, but it is not straight. I'd like to see how you did it.

Here is a photo of present setup - forgive the trim work that I need to refine and finish off with edge-lok under the headlight.

2017-07-20-arbbumperledfog_orig.jpg

As he mentioned above, he used Slee's ARB fog light bracket/insert found on their homepage. I use it too and it's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom