Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right there with you. Beside Jason, you do the work of three guys on your own.

Stan, we've had that talk on employees. Screw THAT!

I can still get in a groove from time to time but they are getting fewer and farther apart. I still only work 3-6 hours a day in the shop and spend another 2-4 hours a day on the forums, helping Andrea with packages and replying to emails that come through the website.

J

NEW 20L Scepter RED cans arrived today...

J

IMG_20170717_144747311.jpg
IMG_20170717_144802110.jpg
IMG_20170717_144753559.jpg

Good client. We need these types to keep you busy in between our orders.

Working on getting all the bumpers cut, bent, tacked by me and then sent to a company in CA to be robotic welded, inspected, packaged and loaded. It will require me to travel to CA once every month or two for inspection and quality control. We've agreed that 20-30 bumpers per order per location is the way to go. For me that would be 13-15 days a month to manually weld and clean up or farm it out for 2-3 days to this company. They mocked it up per the weld inches and they can weld 30 bumpers out in one day (10 hour shift). They have a 50,000 sq ft facility with about 200 employees.

There are 2 bumpers that are proprietary and they will not be seen by anyone from me anyway. The new 60 front and rear will be released here but still handmade by me. That was one condition that almost lost the deal.

It lets me keep my sanity and take a couple days off for travel and rest....

J

They are gorgeous! I think I have my first girl boner. :)

My oversea client unloading a bumper order. Crazy busy over there.

19424195_284585785340320_4798935343775024665_n-jpg.1498691
At first glance I thought they were drift wood. How awesome for you Jason! Congrats. And thanks a million times over for the beautiful valves.

Jason, What's your price for a set of those sexy new valves? I will eventually pull the head on my 60 and have it freshened up. I may be interested.

Jason, What's your price for a set of those sexy new valves? I will eventually pull the head on my 60 and have it freshened up. I may be interested.
He said he's so busy w/ those orders that he hasn't been getting on mud till about 1am-3am so he'll get back to you but it won't be till much later.
I'm still wowed at his generosity. Talk about grateful!

Lately I've been splitting my days up... IT'S GETTING OLD QUICK!!!!!

Work from about 8/9 AM to 1PM on orders.
Spend time with Andrea from 1-4PM
Nap from 4-6/7PM
Spend time with Andrea and help box orders, take Charlie for a jog, misc other things 6/7-10/11PM
Misc MUD and international correspondences, movies, book reading, product design, dinner and snacks from 7/11- 2/3 AM
Nap from 2/3 AM to 5/6 AM
Have coffee, plan day and breakfast with Andrea 6/8 AM

Monster starts all over..............

I'M WHOOPED.... OH the life of a self employed person... HA!

J

D,

Full set of intake and exhaust 216.00 shipped.

These are the aftermarket, made in Japan valves seen above.

J

Lately I've been splitting my days up... IT'S GETTING OLD QUICK!!!!!

Work from about 8/9 AM to 1PM on orders.
Spend time with Andrea from 1-4PM
Nap from 4-6/7PM
Spend time with Andrea and help box orders, take Charlie for a jog, misc other things 6/7-10/11PM
Misc MUD and international correspondences, movies, book reading, product design, dinner and snacks from 7/11- 2/3 AM
Nap from 2/3 AM to 5/6 AM
Have coffee, plan day and breakfast with Andrea 6/8 AM

Monster starts all over..............

I'M WHOOPED.... OH the life of a self employed person... HA!

J
Come on Jason, self employment is about lots of free time and riches....

The public thinks the average company makes a 36% profit margin, which is about 5X too high • AEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom