Got Salt & Pepper dispenser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
The Swiss have done it again. This product is engineering art that rocks!

Spice Containers Archives - Swiss Advance

20170713_000831.jpg

Cool! Who would Expect anything less from the country that brought us velcro and cellophane!?
:candycane:

:meh:

salty-pecker.jpg

Still have some of these sitting around. But I'm running out of 35mm film canisters..

51SOKxXyBAL.jpg

I put these in the prescript bottles because they leak granules fairly easily after bouncing around on the trail all day.
But fresh ground!

:popcorn:

Still have some of these sitting around. But I'm running out of 35mm film canisters..

51SOKxXyBAL.jpg

You know how hard it is to find plastic film canisters nowadays?

You know how hard it is to find plastic film canisters nowadays?

Some manufacturers are using plastic wrappers inside the box for 35mm film, but most still use canisters. Although those lids will only fit the kodak style canisters. SOL on Ilford, Fuji, and some others.

I was having a little fun since so many people use digital cameras, so no plastic film cans...

I was having a little fun since so many people use digital cameras, so no plastic film cans...

And I was having a little fun since many people don't realize that film photography is actually alive and well, albeit a niche market compared to its heyday. If I could only find those salt and pepper lids...

I know that also, as my daughter shoots with and develops her own film. Mostly black and white.

51SOKxXyBAL.jpg

They are working on the micro SD card version.

I gave up on film canisters when the stopped making the aluminium type. The tops on the plastic kind never stayed on all that well and salt and pepper got everywhere. I went if child proof pill bottles decades ago.

The misses brought these home when I first started taking the 80 places 5 years ago and though I didnt intend to I'm still using them.
Cant get pic on phone... its Mortons S&P shaker pair in good old cardboard shakers. : )

Last edited:
Mortons S&P shaker pair in good old cardboard shakers. : )

That's what I have always used, but I find that the rotating lid doesn't actually seal very well and they tend to leak if they're not upright. It's amazing that we have an entire thread about how to carry salt and pepper while camping. There is a nearly limitless number of possible containers that would be perfectly adequate, yet somehow it's probably the most frustrating thing in my food box.

That's what I have always used, but I find that the rotating lid doesn't actually seal very well and they tend to leak if they're not upright. It's amazing that we have an entire thread about how to carry salt and pepper while camping. There is a nearly limitless number of possible containers that would be perfectly adequate, yet somehow it's probably the most frustrating thing in my food box.
It seem trivial, but 1) not having S&P because it all spilled out sucks 2) S&P leaking into everything in your grub box sucks.
For some reason it's the little things that get to you on a long trip, this is in the top five for many of us.

If you use the Morton shakers keep them in a zip lock bag. That seems to work pretty well for keeping salt out of the paper napkins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom