Disc Harrow Cooking (discada) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You just stamp the plate out? Or did you buy it?

I bought the plow blade(?) from a farm equipment repair shop in Roswell, New Mexico.

I bought the springs from a surplus camping store in Phoenix. I think it was called sportsman's warehouse. And I bent 3/4" round stock to fit the springs.

Was there a hole in the center of the plow blade? I've never seen one without a hole and non sharpened edges..

Looks a lot like American Woks.

Fancy....

disc-it-grill-19369.jpg

Another mud inspired purchase. I cant wait to try it out.

www.Southwestdisk.com

View attachment 1496005
Thanks for posting this. Mine arrived a couple weeks ago, but I'm out of town. It looks even better than I expected; those legs look pretty stout. I can't wait to get home and fire it up! Do you plan to use fire or a burner? If you use a burner what model are you planning on getting?

Thanks for posting this. Mine arrived a couple weeks ago, but I'm out of town. It looks even better than I expected; those legs look pretty stout. I can't wait to get home and fire it up! Do you plan to use fire or a burner? If you use a burner what model are you planning on getting?

The legs are great. I havnt used it yet but am spending a week in the UP of MI so it will be put through its paces. I will be using it over an open fire and will try it with my dutch oven under to see how it works. Once i get home ill try it over my generic turkey burner.

Where did you find those cool handles? Great idea on the pour spout!
McMaster Carr sells them cheap. They work well. Chicago welded mine up and you could touch the handles directly as soon as he was done.
McMaster-Carr

The disc worked great. We put it through its paces all week cooking 1 or 2 meals a day on it. Because of the inconsistency in the dry firewood I was able to find, I ended up using charcoal on the firering grate and it worked really well. Sorry for the lack of pics but i was unplugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom