2017 CMCC Planning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The rear bumper should be delivered on Tuesday. The rest of the stuff is here. Maybe, if stars align, I'll have everything on by next Thursday.

I'd be more focused on the sliders.

I will be driving up Friday night, I would be more than happy to chip a few bucks towards a yurt or a cabin. Would also love to be near an electrical outlet, ac a bonus bu not critical.

Can some one shoot me a location pin on the cell phone when yall get to camp, please.

I'm looking forward to this.

Lex

I will be driving up Friday night, I would be more than happy to chip a few bucks towards a yurt or a cabin. Would also love to be near an electrical outlet, ac a bonus bu not critical.

Can some one shoot me a location pin on the cell phone when yall get to camp, please.

I'm looking forward to this.

Lex
Lex- I have a large cabin A74 reserved in the main event area you're more than welcome to use an outlet there.

Last edited:
I can't scadaddle early enough Wednesday to make it worthwhile to arrive in time at the camp fire. I will be coming up super early Thursday and will go straight to Anthracite. What time does the Shmukster group plan on rallying in the Anthracite parking lot for the run?

I can't scadaddle early enough Wednesday to make it worthwhile to arrive in time at the camp fire. I will be coming up super early Thursday and will go straight to Anthracite. What time does the Shmukster group plan on rallying in the Anthracite parking lot for the run?

Jeff- figure to be in the staging area at Anthracite by 8:30.

Note to everyone- best to register online with Anthracite before you even leave home. very easy to do and eliminates (or minimizes) potential aggravation a the counter. While we shouldn't have a lot of traffic to deal with on a Thursday, and the girls at the counter are actually pretty quick and efficient, maximizing our chances for success is the best approach. I believe it's basically a liability and registration waiver to be filled out, doing at home on the computer eliminates doing it longhand at the park and also gives them a file for you for future visits.

Directions are north on I-81 get off at the exit (I think it's 116) for PA901. Left at the end of the ramp. Drive about 5 miles into the town of Lavelle gas is conveniently available on the right side of the road as you enter the little town. Back on 901 drive past the gas station on the left (think it's a turkey Hill) you make the second (and last) left turn after the gas station before heading up the long hill. Drive appx 7 miles and at the stop sign make a hard right and head uphill. Be careful making this turn as the traffic coming uphill from the left has no stop sign and vision in their direction is limited. Drive a mile or so up the steep hill with the sharp curve, once over the top look for the entrance to Anthracite on your right. Easy shmeezy.

And for anyone who doesn't have my cell number it's 570-594-6444

And damn you VA guys are by far leading the league in registrations for the coal mine event- 18!!!!!

Last edited:
8:30, on the trail 9 is the routine, we may be lenient depending on your ETA.

So, @shmukster, are we going to run the western reserve (other side of the road) on Thursday, or do you want to stick to what you know? I think the group is pretty much CLCC and Keystone anyway, and I don't think any of us much care if we do a "figure it out as we we go, never been here before" kind of run... In fact those are the kind I prefer. We had fun doing that at GSMTR.

My plan for Thursday is to do stuff I know on the regular section of the property. I'd have no problem with any of you guys splitting up and heading across the road. Might even interest Greg and Aaron to do the western side- they've been over there one time already. I have a good day's worth of trails picked out for my run.

There is a scenario where Mark and I might just do the drive late Wednesday and go straight to Anthracite. We could just pitch the roof tent on the side of the road outside the gate somewhere. That is sounding easier than trying to leave at 4:30 or so Thursday and we would be well rested for the big ride. Stay tuned.

Jeff- you might be able to make prior arrangements to have a reservation at the campground at Anthracite. I would contact them to see if it is doable. The campground is adjacent to the staging area and is now open to patrons of AAOA. It is primitive but would give you a safe place off the road and of course right next to the staging area.

Are you planning the creek bed trail?
If you mean the trail I call the culvert trail yes I am planning to do it. There are two other trails in that same area, actually three. Two of them are a bit wet and the other is rocky and tight. Yes we've taken 80 series through there already with no problems, it's just s tight technical trail. Plan is to start with these four they're all on the left side of the main road as you drive away from the staging area. After that we're gonna go far down into the right hand corner and do some good stuff. There is a creek bed trail in this side- Barney Rubble. And there is Twister adjacent to it. Both are fun, we did them last year but they've changed a bit.

Just signed up Mom.

Of all the guys gonna be wheeling at Anthracite with me on Thursday who has already filled out their online waiver for AAOA? Here's a link to the page where you can fill out the waiver.

Waiver | AOAA Trails

Please let me know when you have completed the waiver.

I was just gonna post this... Have your license plate and driver's license #'s handy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom