OEM floor and cargo mats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Threads
Carpet kits for 60 series seem to a hot topic now so I thought I'd add this tidbit of carpeting info. Toyota offered floor and cargo mats to lie over and protect carpeting. I've only seen one set, these that I pulled from an '88 FJ62 parts rig with brown interior. The cargo mat has taken on a nice purplish tinge :lol:.

The FJ62 has a dead pedal and the driver's side mat has a spot to accommodate the dead pedal. Note that the driver's and passenger's side mats are not simply mirror images. Narrow longitudinal mat is for the floor below the passenger seat. Cargo mat gives full coverage of the cargo area.

While these came from a 62 they work just as well in a 60.

IMG_2137.JPG

Part numbers imprinted on mats:
Left 00208-60880;
Right 00208-60880;
Rear 00208-60880.

Could not find a part number on the cargo mat.

I had blue/grey ones in a rig, fronts and middle. Never saw a cargo area one tho.

that is an interesting color fade. the blue ones stayed a nice shade.
I thought I still had a full set, but can't find the pass front.

DSCF1408.JPG

DSCF1409.JPG

Last edited:
The front mats have other features built in. Backing is a layer of rubber with small nubs to hold the mat in place; rear mat but not cargo mat also has these nubs. Front mats have a reinforced section, with an embedded wire around the perimeter, in the area that would see more use from feet.

IMG_2142.JPG

The PO of my '89 FJ62, a Preferred Cash Customer :), bought a 3-piece floor mat set for my '89 FJ62 on April 15, 1994, from Willie Sauter, the owner of Sauter Toyota. List price back then was $78.00 (he paid list - no MUD discount back then), Part Number 00200-60880-03 (grey).

The rear is still in excellent shape, never really had rear seat passengers I guess:

Rear-Mat-1.jpg

Rear-Mat-2.jpg

Note the cool legend on the back of the rear mat - mine shows a February 1989 date.

Rear-Mat-3.jpg

Bought my 1990 62 used in 1996. No floor mats and the carpet was already pretty rough.

I bought new gray OEM floor mats then...which are still in the truck and in really good shape. Also bought new OEM carpet for the front and rear seat area...also in pretty good shape still. Didn't know about the OEM cargo area mat. Still have my old carpet bagged up.

Was told back then that my carpet set may be one of the last available anywhere. (?)

Got the mats/carpet from my first parts guy in Houston, Scott Tate...anyone remember him?? He turned me on to the TLCA, LCML, etc

Jim,

Just saw this thread (somehow missed its reference in your PM to me last week). Thanks for posting this to the forum!

As some of you may know, I'm working on a project to recreate - to the best of the mfr's ability - the OEM 60/62 carpet. New 60 / 62 carpet at a great price! As an adjunct, I'm also working with them now to recreate the factory floor mats.

Jim was kind enough to provide me tracings of the driver's/passenger's/second row/cargo area mats from an FJ62, and those have been sent off to the mfr. That being said, the mfr. has requested that I still try to come up with a tracing of an FJ60 driver's side floor mat (sans 62 left foot "dead pedal" cutout) They just want to try to recreate the mats as precisely as possible, so they asked me to keep looking.

Sooooo, anyone have a whole 60 OEM driver's floor mat they'd be willing to trace and send me a copy? If so, please PM me.

Thanks,
David

IMG_2812.JPG
I got these

From a 60, but in my 62 without dead pedal...

I was in contact with dnp about tracing my original mats but didn't realize this thread was here.

These are the mats from my 60 which I assume are OEM original as well. 1987 FJ60.

87 FJ60 Floor Mats

Any one else have these mats?

Last edited:
I was in contact with dnp about tracing my original mats but didn't realize this thread was here.

These are the mats from my 60 which I assume are OEM original as well. 1987 FJ60.

87 FJ60 Floor Mats

Any one else have these mats?

Those look exactly like the aftermarket mats I used to have in my Camaro, except they said "Camaro".

Those look exactly like the aftermarket mats I used to have in my Camaro, except they said "Camaro".

Interesting. I guess they're not OEM after all. I'll have to look for a part number later.

Guys, I'm SOOOOOOOO close to completing the mat project, but I'm still lacking the last piece of the puzzle: a tracing of an OEM FJ60 driver's floor mat. I've been promised one for several weeks now, but after repeated requests, nothing has ever shown up. Therefore, ANYONE willing to take 3 minutes to trace their driver's mat onto paper and send it to me? I'll even reimburse you for mailing costs.........if so, PM me, and I'll send you my mailing address.

Thanks much!
David

SURELY someone MUST have a set of OEM FJ60 carpeted mats of which they're willing to send a driver's floor mat tracing! Without it, the mfr. doesn't feel comfortable guessing at the driver's mat design, so they can't go into production.

Again, I'll pay for postage of the tracing (and I'll make the set to the submitting party as inexpensive as possible.....)

Just need that one last tracing.............:D

Thanks,
dnp

SURELY someone MUST have a set of OEM FJ60 carpeted mats of which they're willing to send a driver's floor mat tracing! Without it, the mfr. doesn't feel comfortable guessing at the driver's mat design, so they can't go into production.

Again, I'll pay for postage of the tracing (and I'll make the set to the submitting party as inexpensive as possible.....)

Thanks,
dnp
1.) I'm 90%certain all mats are different on mine (passanger different shape, second row is two little rectangles)
2.) will you accept an engineering drawing or must it be a trace?
3.) does the trace include the vinyl plate in the middle of the mat?

EDIT: sorry for getting your hopes up. I ran outside to make the trace, inspected the mats for part numbers and discovered they're aftermarket. :(

Last edited:
I believe I have factory floor mats all around. What's needed for the tracing? Just draw/cut around the original mat on paper/cardboard? I've got some free time today I could work on that and I'm definitely in need of new ones.

Thanks,
dnp

Ok I got the tracing finished. Is there anything else that's needed? If not, where should I mail it?

IMG_3253.JPG

Reactions: dnp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom