Building FF Hand Brake mechanism from scratch, after SF swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear IH8MUD hive brain

Let me introduce myself my name is Avi and I am from Israel.

Two months ago I fulfilled my dream and acquired FZJ80 10/94

It arrived unlocked with Semi Float drum brake, rear axle.

The problem is that are only less than 20 FZ80 in Israel so no Parts on stock or Knowhow, the only mechanic that knows the beast is South African gentlemen that lives very far away in the deep desert on top of a mountain near the Jordanian border.

I decided to swap the rear axle to full float disk brake before I will install ARB diff lockers on both axles.

So I imported FF rear axle from USA. The problem is that import of used braking components to Israel is totally forbidden. The axle arrived bare without the hand brake parts. Reconstructing the disk and caliper brakes was easy but the hand brake mechanism is more complex.

I need to import all the hand brake components including springs dog bones levers pins star adjuster everything!!!

Is there a complete kit for this? or a list of all component needed?

Which shop to contact?

This is my first post maybe I ask stupid questions, I am new to this vehicle pleas bear with me

Thank you very much

mytuta.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

the only mechanic that knows the beast is South African gentlemen that lives very far away in the deep desert on top of a mountain near the Jordanian border.

I'm not of any help here but I absolutely love posts like this. People just getting after it!

Welcome, and congrats on the purchase and the beggining of the modifications.

This is one source that will be able to help you locate all necessary new parts for the conversion and be able to assist with differences between import market variances. However he has just completed a relocation and has taken off for a vacation before getting back up and running. It may take a bit longer for a response than normal as he settles into a new location and operation center.

Welcome to LCPC

Tnx Jason

Welcome, and congrats on the purchase and the beggining of the modifications.

This is one source that will be able to help you locate all necessary new parts for the conversion and be able to assist with differences between import market variances. However he has just completed a relocation and has taken off for a vacation before getting back up and running. It may take a bit longer for a response than normal as he settles into a new location and operation center.

Welcome to LCPC

Huh? Vacation?

I soft start on Monday.

I think that once you bought FZJ80 this seems to be due to mental illness
I sat all night on Toyota's spare parts catalog and it seemed that the parts were shared with newer models of Land Cruiser. After a day's work I drove 200 miles to a junkyard and dismantled all the parts of the hand brake from the Land Cruiser Prado 1999 I will update including photos as the final assemble everything on the vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom