Just buy this tool. You will thank me later (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GRM

Finding new adventures in old jalopies.
Threads
My 40 sat by the beach most of its life. Needless to say, every single but and bolt is rusted in place.

Last week I saw an add for a screwdriver attachment for an air hammer. This thing works like a charm. Within 10 seconds I was turning out old rusted screws. I wish I had this when I first started tearing my 40 apart!

IMG_1414.jpg
IMG_1415.jpg

That looks like something I could use. I had to heat the p*ss out of my windshield hinge screws to get them out.

I picked one up a few months ago and it saved my arse last weekend doing the highlander iac valve. Took an hour job down to a few seconds.

Thanks for this advice. This thread should be in the tools section but we'll let it sit here a bit first.

I have had one for a long time used it on my samurai as it has a Gillion screws. Yes it is a life saver get the screws out in pronto time and doesn't break them off.

Oh yea! Those are the s***! I have the shake-n-break version too. Perfect for seized windshield screws.

If it came with a JIS bit..that would be perfect

Btway, I looked for bit drivers for JIS and don't think I found any. I have 5 vessel JIS drivers, but would love some bits

Delete

As others have stated I purchased a blue point version of these about 10 years back. Used it primarly then on master cylinder screws for dirt bikes that were caked in dirt and mud. Works great even on stripped Phillips screws as it hammers the Phillips bit deep into the screw.

Using this idea I made a tool for rusted bolts that may be slightly rounded. It is a air impact hammer driver that has a 3/8 drive Socket that "hammers" the socket on and you then turn it with a vice grips. This was in the pre-impact driver days.

Picture shows with a flat head which also works well

IMG_20170707_170624_187.jpg

Last edited:
Have an order in through Amazon - definitely something for the arsenal!

30seconds later, purchased. ... your an enabler

If it came with a JIS bit..that would be perfect

Btway, I looked for bit drivers for JIS and don't think I found any. I have 5 vessel JIS drivers, but would love some bits

I'm pretty sure you can buy JIS impact bits from Vessel. I'm pretty sure that is where I got mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom