craigslist cruiser crap (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's super clean! Not $45,000 worth of clean. Maybe in 10 years.

I saw these when the previous owner was selling them about 6 months ago.

2 FJ62 Land Cruiser

Picked this gem up yesterday for $60:

IMG_4133.JPG

Last edited:
This guy is smokin' something serious... Custom bumpers too!

1975 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser

for future viewing pleasure:

1975 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - $2500 (Orange, VA)

00h0h_a3Y9EDHleGD_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_cclP0YrY2ED_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_bUBWT5v2D6b_1200x900.jpg

00303_dqW4zhiiooh_1200x900.jpg

00707_lovD9lStNDh_1200x900.jpg

What are the "known" issues for a 100 series to overheat??

I figured they probably didn't change WP so maybe it failed..heater hose T's maybe...any hose that hasn't ever been replaced could've gone or radiator failed. Those are mostly generic though, I don't know that the 4.7 has a tendency to detonate head gaskets. Maybe some first hand hundy owners chime in?

I haven't heard of the 4.7 popping head gaskets. I also haven't seen one for overheating either though. I'd guess water pump or heater tee's. The pink Toyota coolant destroys them both.

I would never join the "Toyota red coolant cult" simply based on price alone. People seem to think it has magic properties not found in generic yellow coolant, which I never understood. Interesting to hear something negative about it other than price.

Anyone who is considering picking up that 100 should realize, that with that many miles, you are going to be replacing a lot of normal wear parts, if they already haven't been replaced.

It's not the red long life coolant that's evil, it's the newer Pink super long life stuff. The Toyota FIPG for the older coolant is like 15 bucks a tube. The stuff that goes along with the Pink coolant is 100 bucks a tube. The pink coolant eats the older stuff. It also seems to eat water pump seals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom