Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know anything about fitting stem seals, but I found this: Proper installation of Valve Seals
Can you post a picture of the seals you have?
It dawned on me that maybe your seals are meant to fit over the spring shim shown in the thread?

Thanks all for the info and the input.

The one on the left is OEM and had to be removed with pliers. The one on the right is the new one but a looser fit. The original seals looked like the second picture in the linked thread. They were not driven all the way down to the spring shim.

valve stem seals.jpg

They should have a friction fit down over the valve guide. Maybe the tolerance on the cup is greater than original manufacturing.

Got my Birthday present! Not cruiser related but it does crawl!!

IMG_2310.JPG

They should have a friction fit down over the valve guide. Maybe the tolerance on the cup is greater than original manufacturing.
Thanks for everyone's input. I decided to try some Fel-pro ones from Autozone. They ended up being repackaged Viton parts, made in Japan with steel bodies. They looked exactly like the originals and worked perfectly:beer:

Thanks for everyone's input. I decided to try some Fel-pro ones from Autozone. They ended up being repackaged Viton parts, made in Japan with steel bodies. They looked exactly like the originals and worked perfectly:beer:

good deal!

I got to know my new to me LX470 really well. Changing a starter in a 100 series is nothing like changing one out on the 60!

Now I can continue with the baselining!

IMG_7096.JPG

It looks like you just laid a starter in there, not that it's installed right there. Crazy that's where it's installed.

When it went I told my wife, "it's super easy, I've changed lots of starters..." at least now that I've done it, i could probably do it in half the time

Now I get to source some new bolts to replace all the ones that were missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom