"VSC TRAC", "VSC OFF", and "Slip" indicators lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Palo Alto, California & Squamish, British Columbia
The three lights are on...after suspension lift and 315/70R17. This happened pretty quickly but now I'm too far from my mechanic to have him fix it. 80 miles away. I have read that this requires a "zero point calibration" to clear. I have found instructions to do this for 4runners and other Lexus models. Any one do this on their GX yet?

My car is going in for airbag controller recall anyway...so maybe I'll just have the dealer do the calibration assuming they don't charge me an arm and a leg.

IMG_20170528_202442-800x600.jpg

Same process as the 4th Gen. Dealer can do it. Worst case is a stretched abs line. I think you are right though.

I would grab a cheap OBD reader from your local auto parts store to see what code is being thrown (or some of them will hook up a machine to read the codes for free).

When my SAIS (cold start emissions system) would throw a code, it would light up all the lights you are seeing. I haven't seen any of these light up since SAIS was bypassed.

Especially if the dealer comes back saying you need some fix to the SAIS/AIP/emissions for $$$. They can't install the bypass but it is much cheaper than fixing the system. Doesn't seem to impact emissions testing per others who have installed.

Hmmm. Check engine light not on...so, does a code reader help? Not sure

Resurrect

Any updated info on this? I have the same issue on my 05 and have done the zero point multiple times with no fix. ABS light is not on, just the VSC Trac, VSC Off, Skid

Resurrect

Any updated info on this? I have the same issue on my 05 and have done the zero point multiple times with no fix. ABS light is not on, just the VSC Trac, VSC Off, Skid

@Hoodboogie How did you try the ZPC? With jumper or software?

No Update. I haven't had time to look at it. So far I bought the OBD cable and trying to get Techstream installed. I'll try the ZPC from the software based on instructions here. Also see attached PDF for ZPC for tundra --- I'm in the alignment case I believe. I am in no hurry since the GX is not my daily driver, and I wanted to get the software working anyway.

If I can't get it done with the software, I have a dealer appointment this friday morning.

Attachments

• ZERO POINT CALIBRATION (2007 Tundra).pdf
    65.1 KB · Views: 587
Check gas cap

I used the jumper. Rigged two wires to a toggle so I can watch the dash and jump the contacts 4x etc etc..

I've noticed my DAC does not work as well. No light comes on when button is pressed. Doesn't matter what gear or range.

Thanks have techstream and the cable. Going to install 32bit virtual machine and try to use it that way. Need to disable my tpms anyways since new wheels don't have sensors.

Check gas cap
I have no CEL on. How would the gas cap be the problem? New to GX's.

Happened to my gx470. Replaced with new cap. All went away.

Cannot recall.

My symptoms were when there was a rapid change in outside temperature. I guess gasket was not sealing well. Quick and cheap check.

We might be conflating two different problems.
  1. Bad gas cap gasket causing CEL to come on.
  2. VSC Off, VSC TRAC, Slip/Skid lights come on, without a CEL light. Probably a ZPC problem.
I don't think they relate to each other.

Typically they don't. If you have a CEL it will tell you what is wrong (code). If you need a ZPC the christmas tree will turn with no CEL.

you got this right after the lift was installed, if I read this correctly, was the steering wheel straight or turned, even a little and did you disconnect the battery?

If it was, that will cause these lights, had the same thing happen to me about the weeks ago, same lights on my dash.

I can check with my friend, but I think the way to fix it is to, straight the steering wheel, disconnected the battery for a min or two and then reconnect, turn the key on, then off and start the truck and go from there.

you got this right after the lift was installed, if I read this correctly, was the steering wheel straight or turned, even a little and did you disconnect the battery?

If it was, that will cause these lights, had the same thing happen to me about the weeks ago, same lights on my dash.

I can check with my friend, but I think the way to fix it is to, straight the steering wheel, disconnected the battery for a min or two and then reconnect, turn the key on, then off and start the truck and go from there.

Yes, my steering wheel is actually a bit off.
That sounds simple enough. I'll give it a shot.

The pdf I posted above actually had the exact procedure you mentioned as part of the ZPC process after a front wheel alignment.

That sounds simple enough. I'll give it a shot.

let me ask him tomorrow and I will post just what to do. At his shop, doing some work on my GX

I'll try this at lunch and report back. Tried on Techstream last night but I believe my cable is bad. Keeps giving me a communication error when trying to test.

steering wheel straight, disconnect battery, set parking brake, wait a few mins then reconnect battery, turn key and start

steering wheel straight, disconnect battery, set parking brake, wait a few mins then reconnect battery, turn key and start

It didn't clear my lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom