Registry Global 70-series Registry (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great looking truck! Am getting my sons 85 bj 70 thru safety hopefully next week. Will have OME suspension etc. he goes mining 4 weeks home for two weeks. When he's gone I spend his $ for him. But I bought him 2 perfect back barn doors 0 rust for $250 and two nice front seats g

Sounds like you are one hell of a father. Shoot....you find me a set of rear doors for $250 and I'd raise you the whiskey of your choice!

Sounds like you are one hell of a father. Shoot....you find me a set of rear doors for $250 and I'd raise you the whiskey of your choice!
Dumb luck tripped across a donor truck(rolled) know any thing about interchangeability of seats from r hand drive to left side drive?

Where did you find the doors Burbot?

I am trying to source some doors that will fit on my BJ74. The lower half of my doors (side doors, barn doors are good to go) are completely rusted and beyond salvage. Last things I need to source before I do a tub swap. I could even do with the lower portion of the doors if the windows and upper halfs are messed up. Just need good skins and or lower half of the doors to make some good ones out of.

Greetings from the Philippine islands!

Got two of these tough trucks. Medium wheel base(13BT) and Troop Carrier(1HZ), both manual. They do the job all the time. Based in the Cordillera Region, the country's most mountainous area where there are endless trails up in the mountains.

DSC_4146.JPG

P1060518.JPG

Greetings from the Philippine islands!

Got two of these tough trucks. Medium wheel base(13BT) and Troop Carrier(1HZ), both manual. They do the job all the time. Based in the Cordillera Region, the country's most mountainous area where there are endless trails up in the mountains.

View attachment 1490706

View attachment 1490707
Looks lovely enjoy! Haven't been off driveway in a month waiting for parts. Dealer had 6 wheels, got two orders for 4. Sent each of us 3. Had a 50% chance of getting 4 , to 0% chance of satisfying either customer

1989 BJ73
The Eradicator
Southwest Missouri
Japan
220,000KM
FZJ80 axles, SOA, Nitro 5.29s, Harrop E-Lockers, 4:1 Sumo Gear T-Case gears, Early FJ 60 DC front driveshaft, Slee High Steer Arms, RCV 30 Spline 300M Birfields, 37x12.5r16 Bias Ply Maxxis Creepy Crawlers.
Trail Rig
IMG_20170708_130420333_HDR.jpg

1989 BJ73
The Eradicator
Southwest Missouri
Japan
220,000KM
FZJ80 axles, SOA, Nitro 5.29s, Harrop E-Lockers, 4:1 Sumo Gear T-Case gears, Early FJ 60 DC front driveshaft, Slee High Steer Arms, RCV 30 Spline 300M Birfields, 37x12.5r16 Bias Ply Maxxis Creepy Crawlers.
Trail Rig
View attachment 1493215

Your truck looks great - what are you using for springs? I realize there's no bumper/winch weight on your front end yet, but the truck looks TALL.
Love the stance with 80 axles. It's possible I did not need to see this :D

1989 BJ73
The Eradicator
Southwest Missouri
Japan
220,000KM
Trail Rig
View attachment 1493215

Solid truck. Real solid.

image.jpg
Got any action pics? Looks n sounds v capable started upgrading tired 85 bj70. New OME springs shocks stabilizer etc.

image.jpg

Your truck looks great - what are you using for springs? I realize there's no bumper/winch weight on your front end yet, but the truck looks TALL.
Love the stance with 80 axles. It's possible I did not need to see this :D

Thanks. It is on stock springs. It should settle a bit with bumpers, winch, skidplate, etc. We just finished up the axle swap, so we haven't had it offroad yet, but I was surprised by how stable it is onroad. In fact, it seems to have less body roll than it did when it was SUA (although it did have worn out Rancho shocks). It also soaks up the bumps very well; significantly better than my 80 and a huge improvement over SUA.

Edit:
For those interested, my takeaway from its first time offroad is here: What did you do on your 70 series today?

Last edited:
Thanks. It is on stock springs. It should settle a bit with bumpers, winch, skidplate, etc. We just finished up the axle swap, so we haven't had it offroad yet, but I was surprised by how stable it is onroad. In fact, it seems to have less body roll than it did when it was SUA (although it did have worn out Rancho shocks). It also soaks up the bumps very well; significantly better than my 80 and a huge improvement over SUA.

Very cool. Please report back after your first off camber adventure!

Kids 1st vehicle. Dec1986 bj70. 449 000km(moon n most of way back). Located in Winterpeg Mb. Can. New OME springs shocks shackles,greases able of course.
New 235x85x16 on 16x7 factory wheels. Newish seats from 91 Lj also alt/temp.pod pwr windows n locks. Removed 5 lbs. tar bondo rock guard and flaky dry rust. Replaced with 18/20g hr steel. Plan to turbo it. Scored intercooler shopping for rest. Burbot on ih8mud

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am new here on the Forum.

I have searched and found no reference to VDJ71. Did Toyota build such a beast or is it only custom builds?

Bringing it home to Tennessee in 6 days. 1/1988 BJ73 - JDM import...stock non turbo 3B. 60K miles. H55f. Cable lockers. :cool: These old tires have already been changed - steelies come next. Then...not a whole lot. It's perfect like it is. Oh, yeah...bought a fridge...forgot that. Intended use: Long distance back country exploration, camping, and bikepacking support vehicle

Thanks to Steve Jackson at Land Cruisers Direct for making this happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom