Added to the Fleet - 1990 FJ62 in NE Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to share - picked up a 1990 FJ62 this last Friday night, and spent the weekend going through her.

Selling family had purchased in 2007 from the Walla Walla, WA, Toyota Dealer, and both high school boys drove her for approximately 40k miles; family was moving, kids were gone (youngest just graduated from high school) and they were downsizing. Parked her in the front yard on Tuesday with a for sale sign, and I literally walked to the house and handed over cash Friday night, and the family moved Sunday morning. Better lucky than good!

Paid $3300, no records but clean carfax, appears to have always been an Oregon car given the complete lack of any real rust and the period specific license plate digits.

233k miles, intend to give her a complete tune up (fluids, belts, plugs, etc.) and then my wife is going to daily driver her in town. There are some larger maintenance items pending (i.e. tranny and motor have never been gone through, but both don't appear to have any significant issues at the moment), birfs are a mess, and I need to find a clean OEM bumper (kid put the rig in the ditch this last winter) but overall pretty excited. No indication or records of any body work, appears to be all original paint, etc.

My daughters named her The Yeti, and she joins my 85 FJ60 aka Baby Blue.

As I found her:

IMG_2538_zpsk55pqkzt.jpg

After a thorough interior scrub (seats and center console out) parked next to my 60:

IMG_2560_zpsg330ixlf.jpg

IMG_2565_zps2lqhv4lf.jpg

IMG_2567_zpsmmptrfm0.jpg

And after a complete 3 step wax (happy Father's Day!)

IMG_2612_zpsrthecu5m.jpg

IMG_2616_zpsdgd5pusq.jpg

IMG_2618_zpszib5dzjd.jpg

IMG_2620_zps0grr42rd.jpg

IMG_2621_zpshfasw2pr.jpg

IMG_2630_zpsbaaipvch.jpg

Good to see those 2 together. That 62 cleaned up nice, enjoy it!

That is indeed a steal, congratulations I am deeply envious! I was looking for a 62 for a long time and couldn't find anything approaching that quality for double/triple the price and great work with the wax it looks superb

Nice truck. Congratulations!

Thanks all - I learned all the subtleties of my, now learning the 62! Gonna give her a full tune up once I get the various parts coordinated between the dealer and amazon prime...

Great looking rigs, especially like your 60

Steal of the century! Great wax job for sure. What's your secret?

You might be looking for a radiator soon.
With 233k miles I'm guessing I'm going to be looking for a bunch of stuff soon!

Good morning all - just a quick update on the "Yeti" - my wife's daily driver, running around 239k miles.

Updates since the last post:

• Brakes
  • Birfields
  • All fluids
  • New front bumper and bumper end caps
  • LED throughout the interior
  • Horn pin
  • New muffler and exhaust
  • Fixed the dreaded "driver's seat" tear with new vinyl, still looks stock
  • Replaced the passenger front window switch
  • Replaced the antenna with SOR replacement
  • Thorough detail of entire interior, including removal of door cards and lubing window and lock mechanisms
  • A bunch of odds and ends details and deferred maintenance associated with an almost 30 year old rig
We've been just chipping away at things as they come up, but to be honest no significant (knock on wood!) issues.

Recent photo from out at the Ranch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom