Ticking noise coming from diaphragm housing ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

Annoying ticking noise on my 1HD-FT speed sensitive and seems to be coming from my diaphragm housing, engine was sitting for a while before being stuffed in my BJ41.
Any thoughts or ideas welcome.
Many thanks
Bob

Does your injection pump still have the ACSD intact?

Iv'e read a bit of stuff on it and a lot of people have it and do nothing but it's only just started and things like this get under my skin I'm sure 5000 miles later I'll have forgotten all about it.
On a side note could LCOOL make registering any more tedious gave up on the second try after being told I've entered the wrong code in the wrong box and whats my occupation and interests blah blah blah.

Iv'e read a bit of stuff on it and a lot of people have it and do nothing but it's only just started and things like this get under my skin I'm sure 5000 miles later I'll have forgotten all about it.
On a side note could LCOOL make registering any more tedious gave up on the second try after being told I've entered the wrong code in the wrong box and whats my occupation and interests blah blah blah.

:rofl::rofl:

Too funny. I'm sure it's run by a bunch of grumpy old men, but loads of good info on 80 series onwards cruisers

Luckily I've got a 40 with an 80 engine but will probably have another go just for tech, have to be careful next time nearly lost the will to live the last time I had a go.

Mine has a tick that sounds like an exhaust leak at 2500 rpms under load. I just had the exhaust off to install my turbo and didn't see any evidence of a leak. My BEBs were done 20k km ago along with the tbelt. I have heard the tbelt tensioner could make it, the harmonic balancer could make it. I have read the whole thread on lcool and there seem to be different ticks and few solutions.

Thanks
Definitely coming from the diaphragm housing, will switch it out and see if it go's away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom